Sellers who charge for paypal...

Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
What is the deal with this ???Won an auction, then saw there was an extra 6% for paying by paypal.When I informed him this is against both ebay & paypal's policies,he sent me a long email complaing about ebay/paypal fees...WTF??? If you don't like the fees don't use ebay...The question is do i report him or not???

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    mail-bombs work best.

• Nothing good will come of it. Just pay some other way and don't leave him any feedback or a neutral feedback.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Those people are bitches. The paypal fee is not even 6% I think it's more like 4%. That is just part of doing business and they need to charge it to the game. Have you ever been in a retail store and used a credit card? The store did not ask you for an extra 2.5% of the total because their bank charges them a percent for credit card transactions did they? I use paypal because it is easy, fast and convenient. I look at the paypal fee as part of the convenience and would never ask a buyer to pay that. That would be like asking a buyer to pay your eBay listing fees. I think paypal has rules against doing this as well.

• that shit is weak. i buy and sell on ebay...i just figure, when i buy, i dont pay the fee, and i pay the fee when i sell...it works out.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    that shit is weak. i buy and sell on ebay...i just figure, when i buy, i dont pay the fee, and i pay the fee when i sell...it works out.

nice perspective!

as for PP fees, the % varies per transaction amount and how the buyer is paying (CC, bank acct) 4% sounds about right as an average though.

either way, sellers who who pass fees down are ass clowns. you could report him if you wanted, it may not help your situation but his future customers would benefit.

• This topic has been bashed into the ground on this board as of late.