MONO or STEREO??

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
what's your preference? do you care either way?

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    depends on what the album was originally mixed down in.......a lot of the stereo re-do's sounds ehhhh.

w/ most hard bop late 50's-60's jazz, it's gotta be in mono.

• Jazz... mono
    Psych....stereo

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

Psych....stereo

really?

mmmmmmmm, I have to go with mono.

• depends on what the album was originally mixed down in.......a lot of the stereo re-do's sounds ehhhh.

w/ most hard bop late 50's-60's jazz, it's gotta be in mono.

• so if say, bitches brew had a mono press, would it be superior to stereo? or quad?

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    hey dude. i'm for stereo all the way. but are there any audiophiles on this board (gasp!) that have a mono set up at home? i am really curious to know what the fuss is about.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

Psych....stereo

Rocking Awesome....mono
    Bohemian fuzz/string/harmonies....stereo

• Psych....stereo

really?

mmmmmmmm, I have to go with mono.

To each his own, I guess. Although after many headphone sessions, and many records I made the final stereo decission after listening to Mutantes' 2nd album in both mono and stereo. (I have the stereo og, my friend has the mono og.)

• Quadraphonic batches!!! That's all I buy I will never buy a Stereo or Mono pressing of anything. And watch out for those Mono records I hear they contajiz'.. I spoke with Fonzee and he told me his boy Rich got Mono from a record... Crazy! Quads only and that's what I ride to the record shows too... batches!