David Letterman restraining order - nuts! (NRR`)

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Letterman Fights Restraining Orderhttp://imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-12-22/#3David Letterman's lawyers are urging officials in New Mexico to drop a bizarre restraining order granted to a woman who claims the US chat show host has been using code words to woo her on his late-night program. In a request filed on December 15, Colleen Nestler of Santa Fe, New Mexico, claimed Letterman uses a secret dialogue to express his desire to marry her and train her as a host on his show. She alleges Letterman has forced her into bankruptcy and caused her "sleep deprivation" and "mental anguish." Nestler claims the TV personality also employs gestures and "eye expressions" to convey his desires for her. Legal papers, reveal Nestler began sending Letterman "thoughts of love" in 1993 and that he responded in code words and gestures, asking her to meet him in New York City. She insists the talk show king even asked her to be his wife, saying, "Marry me, Oprah" on one show - she claims Oprah was one of many code names for her. The temporary order, which Nestler is seeking to have made permanent, states Letterman must stay at least three yards away from her and not "think of me, and release me from his mental harassment and hammering." But Letterman's legal team has urged District Judge Daniel Sanchez to overturn the order, claiming it is without merit. The judge has set a January 12 hearing, where he'll consider granting Nestler a permanent order. It is not known why Nestler is seeking the restraining order.

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    so he wants the order to be overturned, because everything she's saying is true?????????

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    The temporary order, which Nestler is seeking to have made permanent, states Letterman must stay at least three yards away from her

she needs to step her restraining order game up

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i need someone like this in my life...

• nessness 249 Posts
    Yo cuz I used to feel the same way about Rachel Reed on the Food Network. How does she always know the kind of 20 minute meal I'm feeling.

But I couldn't bring myself to file a restraint order. The lawyer said I couldn't afford it.

• Now i no why colleen wont return my cals.. i thought she was just madat me turns out letteman is having afffair with her

how could I be such a fool

Colleeni I lvoe you
    come back honey
    im sorry about the couch
    if you put a blanket over the knife holes, noonewill see them
    -lonely in nc
    PS u know who
    PPS i.e. it's Marco
    PPS ill get you another puppy honest