praise jesus my girlfriend passed her prelims!!!!!

hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
SCORE!!!!!!

Comments

• for those that don't know, which is probably everybody, she's in the Aerospace Engineering PhD program at the University of Michigan. Passing this means:

a.) she doesn't get kicked out of school

and

b.) she doesn't have to take classes anymore and can focus on her research

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Contragulations to your lady! That's a pretty good way to ride into the Holidays.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I thought maybe she wasn't pregnant but was then thrown off by Jesus "scoring".

Congrats. In canada I beleive we call that a Candidacy exam.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    So, would it be safe to say that it is now "Hammer Time?"

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    for those that don't know, which is probably everybody, she's in the Aerospace Engineering PhD program at the University of Michigan. Passing this means:

a.) she doesn't get kicked out of school

and

b.) she doesn't have to take classes anymore and can focus on her research
    Damn, your girl must be a genius. Congrats to her.

Aerospace Engineering PhD

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Aerospace Engineering PhD

and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• my brother is in that field and dude is not making serious cash by any means. He even thought about switching fields, because of the lack thereof. The whole Aerospace industry is so under-paid that it's not even funny.

Still, congrats on this. Time to step your game up homie.

• my brother is in that field and dude is not making serious cash by any means. He even thought about switching fields, because of the lack thereof. The whole Aerospace industry is so under-paid that it's not even funny.

Still, congrats on this. Time to step your game up homie.

yeah she wants to be a professor, which isn't like multi-millionaire status by any means but it's still more than I'll ever make. Also if you can land big research grants you can pull in A LOT. One of her profs at UC made like $1.2 million a year because of research.

• ps. please change the subject title. shit is an eyesoar. Praising your lord for something so material is

• ps. please change the subject title. shit is an eyesoar. Praising your lord for something so material is

i don't believe in god, so it's cool.

Also, her passing a test that she busted her ass for for a long time isn't "material", and I don't think I'm out of line for being excited about it!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    ps. please change the subject title. shit is an eyesoar. Praising your lord for something so material is

passing something is material?

ps. please change the subject title. shit is an eyesoar. Praising your lord for something so material is

i don't believe in god, so it's cool.

Also, her passing a test that she busted her ass for for a long time isn't "material", and I don't think I'm out of line for being excited about it!

word/

• the 'material' being a diploma.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    the 'material' being a diploma.

???

• haha whatever...i don't want to derail this thread because this is one of the happiest days of my life. if i offended you with the "jesus" comment i'm sorry.

the 'material' being a diploma.

oh come on. that is stretching it. the diploma is just acknowledgement of the dedication, perserverance and hard work that went into it.

and isnt this for some prelims??/

hatter alert!

haha whatever...i don't want to derail this thread because this is one of the happiest days of my life. if i offended you with the "jesus" comment i'm sorry.

fuck that dont apologize. say waht you want.

• alright, i need have a sandwich and chill the fuck out. I don't know why i even mentioned this. I must of had a jesus overload with the subject line and hockey pic. For me, Praising the lord on something like health and happiness, just seems something more to be mentioned than passing a test.

and I hope I didn't offent anyone on this end.

peas.

• the 'material' being a diploma.

oh come on. that is stretching it. the diploma is just acknowledgement of the dedication, perserverance and hard work that went into it.

and isnt this for some prelims??/

hatter alert!

yeah there's no certificate or anything associated with this, it basically just means she can continue on towards her PhD.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Christianz be mad salty up in this muthafucka.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    She passed because he was "WITH HER ALWAYS".

Thus:

Praise jesus.

So people in aerospace make aerosol hairsprays and shit, right?