• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I enjoy it.

the rill ? is red, or white?

• I enjoy it.

the rill ? is red, or white?

white. ne cc rules.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    red??? whats the hell?

white! creamy or chunky is the real question though?

mmm... with crackers yo

• man i love me some SOUP f'real. especially bean/pea related soups. but i've never tried the clam chowder for some reason.
    i really dislike fish.
    peace, stein. . .

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    mad hot, I love some manhattan style clam chowda
    but I am down with the new england whitey steelo, too

radd

red??? whats the hell?

white! creamy or chunky is the real question though?

mmm... with crackers yo

Never had red chowder?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    man i love me some SOUP f'real. especially bean/pea related soups. but i've never tried the clam chowder for some reason.
    i really dislike fish.
    peace, stein. . .

Except clams aren't fish. They be mollusks.

Clam Chowder rules. It's better than Mr. and Mrs. Smith even.

• New england 100%... served it at my wedding.

New england 100%... served it at my wedding.

• man i love me some SOUP f'real. especially bean/pea related soups. but i've never tried the clam chowder for some reason.
    i really dislike fish.
    peace, stein. . .

hmm. . . well i really like shrimp and cream of brocolli soup. might i like clam chowder?
    peace, stein. . .

• So there was this chick in my high school named Ann Jowder-she was the nastiest slut around.Naturally everone called her Clam Chowder.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    So there was this chick in my high school named Ann Jowder-she was the nastiest slut around.Naturally everone called her Clam Chowder.

red clam chowder, no doubt.

So there was this chick in my high school named Ann Jowder-she was the nastiest slut around.Naturally everone called her Clam Chowder.

einstein, I know this sounds ghetto but for real go to skippers and get some chowder and theres no turnin back, you will abandon popeyes for a bit maybe even but so worth it.

man i love me some SOUP f'real. especially bean/pea related soups. but i've never tried the clam chowder for some reason.
    i really dislike fish.
    peace, stein. . .

hmm. . . well i really like shrimp and cream of brocolli soup. might i like clam chowder?

peace, stein. . .

Ein...

How is it possible that you have gone through 30 years of life and NEVER had clam chowder?

• i've never tried the clam chowder for some reason.
    i really dislike fish.

i don't usually like seafood either, but clam chowder is what's up (white > red)

i've never tried the clam chowder for some reason.
    i really dislike fish.

i don't usually like seafood either, but clam chowder is what's up (white > red)

No disrespect to Manhattan, but there is no clam chowder but white. Red is something else but it's not clam chowder.

• No disrespect to Manhattan, but there is no clam chowder but white. Red is something else but it's not clam chowder.

agreed... i was trying to be diplomatic to the people that like red, but that shit is really not even an option

dinners served, clam chowder it is, and wtf is red chowder? seriously though, pepper and crackers are with clam chowder.

• wtf is red chowder?

don't do it

good red chowder is hard to find on the west coast, I guess. I've had some OK stuff, but nothing

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Living in Boston, clam chowder is a staple of the diet.

As stated, black pepper is the key.

Also, sometimes, when it's in season, spots around here have lobster chowder.

Shit is so unfadeable.

So necessary.

so

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    don't hatt, it's delicious
    I am a tomato lover though, so I am biased:

" New Yorker's insist on tomatoes in their chowder and call it Manhattan clam chowder. Cookbook writer and chef James Beard (1903-1985) described Manhattan clam chowder as: ". . . that rather horrendous soup called Manhattan clam chowder. . . resembles a vegetable soup soup that accidentally had some clams dumped into it."

Connecticut chowder seems to be yet another version of the Manhattan-style clam chowder, made with tomatoes in place of milk.

Introduction of the Tomato

Tomato-based clam chowders came about with the new-found popularity of the tomato in the mid-1800s and the large population of Italians in New York and the Portuguese fishing communities of Rhode Island. By the 1930s, this tomato version had come to be called Manhattan clam chowder. "

from: http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Chowder/ManhattanChowder.htm

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    mad hot, I love some manhattan style clam chowda
    but I am down with the new england whitey steelo, too

radd

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    oh my fugging god, this has got to be the worst thread of all time. ...all i can think of is handjobs and blowjobs. ivars, keep it real yo.

oh my fugging god, this has got to be the worst thread of all time. ...all i can think of is handjobs and blowjobs. ivars, keep it real yo.

you mad doggie? walk away son before it's too late haha

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    They used to have this really awesome canned clam chowder at costco, but it's long gone. I wish I remembered what brand it was but we're talking a good 8-9 yrs ago. Most canned clam chowder are wimpy, Campbell's chunky is passable, but I really miss that costco one. Fresh ground black pepper is essential, and a dash of tobasco too.

my favourite has to be bisque though, lobster/shrimp/crab etc etc.......so good.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    There is this place in Mackinaw city. A whitefish place called Scalywags. They got the bomb ass whitefish chowder.

BUt as far as clam chowder is concerned. WHITE.