Racist Comedy

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Reading that crazy-ass Chappelle story reminded me of an obscure comedian I saw on BET about 6-8 years ago.One of his funnier routines was about how his dad wouldn't let him watch sports because they were all racist. Baseball, Basketball, Football.....all racist!! Even things like Billards weren't allowed on the family TV because "The white ball pushes around all the colored balls and the black ball is the last one allowed in the hole"Then one day he discovered a sport that he was sure his Dad would be a big fan of.....Bowling."The big black ball gets to knock over the white pins with the red necks"!!I figured this guy would become a big name comedian as all of his routines had me laughing my ass off....but I never saw him again and I don't remember his name.Anyone out there know who this comedian is??

Comments

• Was it this guy?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Was it this guy?

Nah...I don't remember him wearing a watch.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I remember what you're talking about but I don't remember the comedian. I almost want to say it was a joke from a Kevin Smith film but I'm likely wrong.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i can't help you with that one, but i have my own comic view who's that comedian sighting. this guy had this bit about how, as an out of towner, in new york people talked so differently that he didn't even know when he was being robbed and he did an impression along the lines of "you best run them jewels or i'll peel your wig back, i'll turn your cabbage into coleslaw" and he responds "i dunno... you better talk to him". it doesn't sound funny on paper but it was delivered pretty damn impeccably. anybody have a clue who i'm talking about?

• Was it this guy?

joke not about this one. He's put dough in the pockets of more than a smattering of strutters.....

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Was it this guy?

joke not about this one. He's put dough in the pockets of more than a smattering of strutters.....

care to elaborate?

regardless dude's a fucking hack

• Was it this guy?

Plaese to braek this down completely.

• care to elaborate?

regardless dude's a fucking hack

The place I work at does 99% of his touring. This has enabled me to do shows with other artists like Rickey Smiley, Bruce Bruce, Mike Epps, D.C. Curry, Kayne West, Sharon Jones & even Percee P as well as hire strutters to hit the streets promoting the mentioned shows.

Agreed - I've seen him a bunch of times and I'd even take Patton Oswalt over him. And, as I pointed out to my cousin - there's no such thing as a good racist.

• i can't help you with that one, but i have my own comic view who's that comedian sighting. this guy had this bit about how, as an out of towner, in new york people talked so differently that he didn't even know when he was being robbed and he did an impression along the lines of "you best run them jewels or i'll peel your wig back, i'll turn your cabbage into coleslaw" and he responds "i dunno... you better talk to him". it doesn't sound funny on paper but it was delivered pretty damn impeccably. anybody have a clue who i'm talking about?

That routine had me in stitches. Maybe it was different but I remember the new york stick up kid was spttin slang tryin' to rob him and he said "What, you wanna hit this?" Maybe it was a different but similar one.

Rockadelic, I don't remember that one but it sounds good.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

as well as hire strutters to hit the streets promoting the mentioned shows.

*raises hand

• I remember what you're talking about but I don't remember the comedian. I almost want to say it was a joke from a Kevin Smith STRIKE> film/STRIKE> movie but I'm likely wrong.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    That instant catchphrase "Get 'Er Done" bullshit is corny.

• there's no such thing as a good racist.

I dunno...this guy is funny and I'm not sure he loves white people that much.

• Don't know who he is but he definately looks...

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Isnt that a young paul mooney? The guys hilarious. Ask a black dude & negrodamus on chapelle is maybe where youll recognise him from. He's racist but really funny with it.

Cat co-wrote for Richard Pryor. He's been doin his thing in the comedy world for a *minute*. Respect game.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Anyone out there know who this comedian is??

for some reason i'm thinking Shango....light skinned,tall dude ?

that joke has been done by several comedians over the years in different variations though....

but yeah....i think Shango if my memory serves correct

Cat co-wrote for Richard Pryor. He's been doin his thing in the comedy world for a *minute*. Respect game.

Don't mean jack, looks queer as a $3 bill...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Don't know who he is but he definately looks...

Let's comment on it some more....and this affects his ability to be funny how?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    that joke has been done by several comedians over the years in different variations though....

DR. Cress Welsing........

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

c'mon dude, grow up... paul mooney is funny as fuck (and i believe married to a white woman...)

• when people say "wrote for richard pryor" they are wrong...
    they misinterpeted chappelle

he wrote for the richard pryor SHOW, which only aired 4 episodes..

he didnt write richards standup material.

chappelle didnt clarify that when he introduced him to you on his show..

Naw, my first intro to Paul Mooney was his appearance on some funny-ass Robert Townsend one-hour variety show around 87 on HBO.

I cribbed the "wrote for Richard Pryor" from the Yahoo article when RP died.

It's all about tryna make someone look bad, huh? Thanks for the info, tho. Happy Holidaze.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

c'mon dude, grow up... paul mooney is funny as fuck (and i believe married to a white woman...)

I haven't been here on SS long but I think I've figured out that even worse than being gay is being married to a white woman!!!

• when people say "wrote for richard pryor" they are wrong...
    they misinterpeted chappelle

he wrote for the richard pryor SHOW, which only aired 4 episodes..

he didnt write richards standup material.

chappelle didnt clarify that when he introduced him to you on his show..

He did come up with the idea for Diff'rent Strokes but the network stole the concept from him...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I read an interview ?uestlove did with Paul Mooney in Mugshot, it was really good. I wouldn't call him racist, but he's definitely outspoken.

• I read an interview ?uestlove did with Paul Mooney in Mugshot, it was really good. I wouldn't call him racist, but he's definitely outspoken.

He's funny as hell and a lot of the stuff he says is very true but people are afraid to say it out loud. I interviewed him 4 years ago over the phone and he was cool as shit. His observations about racism in Hollywood are spot on.

• there's no such thing as a good racist.

being funny doesn't give you a pass for being racist.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    there's no such thing as a good racist.

being funny doesn't give you a pass for being racist.

jesus, he's not racist...

everyone is touchy here today...

Jus sayin', looks bent, doesn't affect his ability to be funny at all...However being married (to a "white girl" or anyone else) doesnt stop him being gay, there are a lot of "married men" out there with boyfriends...They call the wives beards, cos they cover up...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Jus sayin', looks bent, doesn't affect his ability to be funny at all...However being married (to a "white girl" or anyone else) doesnt stop him being gay, there are a lot of "married men" out there with boyfriends...They call the wives beards, cos they cover up...

Look...whatever you do in your personal life is up to you.