edited December 2005 in Strut Central
it rules...

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    now onto this:

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    it rules...

co-scion.

I woulda never bought it had it not been recommended to me. the cover looks like fucking Simon Says or some shit.

• i finally got the el michael's affair lp (which i'm listening to right now) AND I LIKE IT A LOT

onto this (sorry , i never have time to sit at home and just chill and listen to records anymore...)

haha! I'm playing this one.

what's on that one?

what's on that one?

"Pop That Thing", "Work To Do", etc. Dope cover of "It's Too Late". It's awesome.

that's the one that comes right after the one with them wearing the robes on the cover that has "blacker the berry" and "vacuum cleaner"? i need that shit...

that's the one that comes right after the one with them wearing the robes on the cover that has "blacker the berry" and "vacuum cleaner"? i need that shit...

naw, the one after the robes one has a pic of them on a magic carpet or something. I think it's called "Get into something". That one is fucking hard to find. I've still never seen it.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

naw, the one after the robes one has a pic of them on a magic carpet or something. I think it's called "Get into something". That one is fucking hard to find. I've still never seen it.

So far I've only seen beat copies for $10-15

I cry now

i have that, might be their best record, has "get into something" which is just fucking sick, a long ass funky track with breaks, a classic, as well as "keep on doing'" which is the basically the same inst. track as "the grunt" by the jb's...

i have that, might be their best record, has "get into something" which is just fucking sick, a long ass funky track with breaks, a classic, as well as "keep on doing'" which is the basically the same inst. track as "the grunt" by the jb's...

DIE!

now this, better than i remembered it..

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    my cypher is beginning to complete

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

"I am listening to this right now:"

The sound of my faith in people deserting me and the once grand prospect of opening my coffer of secrets for someone turning into this bridge that I have burned.

• my cypher is beginning to complete

Freddy Robinson's Off the Cuff is my shit. That's a nice LP as well.

Yo mr. gunn, about time you caught that basement five...I still haven't found my double I was going to sell ya...Last White Xmas is one of the greatest punk rock songs of all time, hands down. OG Afro punks.

I believe there is also a 10" that came out around that time with some punk 'dub' versions.

$??

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    haha! I'm playing this one.

this has some tragicfunk, track called Love Put Me In The Street

• "Lets put the bs aside"

/L

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

One tracker IMHO but it's a goodie...

• "oh, doctor!" is on heavy rotation

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Are you goin' to delete this one too...?

• Ozone rules!!!! Everything Michael Stokes is involved in is worth having

/Leo

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Everything Michael Stokes is involved in is worth having

Michael Stokes?
    He's not credited on this album, is he?
    Can't find his name on the cover nor on the disc...

• Everything Michael Stokes is involved in is worth having

Michael Stokes?
    He's not credited on this album, is he?
    Can't find his name on the cover nor on the disc...

Ok maybe a bit assumptious then, i wasn't sure if he was on that one but i know he did a lot of stuff on their "glasses" album and i think he's behind the "jump on it" album aswell, also he was involved in Magic Lady and plenty of other stuff..

/Leo

Ha I started to edit it to say something about one of the tracks off that album then couldn't be arsed and pulled the post. I think it's a class record. Thanks for putting that one up.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Yo mr. gunn, about time you caught that basement five...I still haven't found my double I was going to sell ya...Last White Xmas is one of the greatest punk rock songs of all time, hands down. OG Afro punks.

$??

i got it a year ago at kim's for 5 bucks less than you were gonna sell me your double, hustler!

just playing...

yeah more people need to rock Last White Christmas in their Christmas, er, holiday, sets...