poison ivy (kill me now)

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Took the pooch out bushwhacking yesterday in Rock Creek Park and now I've got fucking poison ivy all on my face and legs.

Sooooooo uncool.

Comments

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    A couple of years ago, after a lifetime in which I appeared to be immune to poison ivy, I picked up a case clearing brush at my parents house. BRUTAL...

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I feel you. It's a fucking nightmare.

I once got it all over the palms of my hands, face and chest. I couldn't even make a fist, had to keep my fingers fully extended. I remember I was trying to shut my front door once, but since I couldn't move my hand very well I slammed my poison ivy finges in the door. So gnarly when that shit pops and starts pussing.

Good luck. Take some steriods, should go away quickly.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    arent you supposed to piss on yourself or something to make it go away?
    or is that athletes foot?

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    MOISES ALOU[/b]

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    arent you supposed to piss on yourself or something to make it go away?
    or is that athletes foot?

That's when you get stung by a Jelly Fish. That happened to me once when I was in Kauai. Not fun pouring piss all over yourself.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I've mentioned this before -

40s + railroad tracks + pissing in the bushes = severely itchy and swelled up dick. Twice.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I have Native American in me. Don't get the poison ivy, yay!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Not fun pouring piss all over yourself.

speak for yourself

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Not fun pouring piss all over yourself.

speak for yourself

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Piss won't help as much as alcohol, you're supposed to use that to wipe your skin shortly after you come in contact with the stuff.

Depending on how severe it is, you might have to go the doctor. If you choose to rough it out I can recommend an extremely lo-fi, yet effective way to keep from scratching it: cover the rash with duct tape! You said you have it on your face right? Well, think of all the friends you'll make with duct tape on your face!
    I'm actually not joking, my boyfriend has had some really bad poison ivy and he keeps himself from scratching it by putting duct tape on it (he also uses glue to bond cuts...don't ask) and it keeps him from scratching it and it clears up pretty quickly. But he's never had poison ivy on his face.

You should know that poison ivy can be recurring.

If you go to the doctor and s/he puts you on meds - they will most def have steroids in them.

Make sure you wash all the clothes you were wearing with hot water and a bit of alcohol (not rum). Wash the dog too, s/he might have it on the fur and you can get it again.

• Super glue's original intended use was for cuts, but I still can never bring myself to pour glue in a wound. Thats all those liquid stitches are though, I think. When I was little, the kid up the street was really susceptible to poison ivy. We had this neighbor who was always burning shit and one day he burned a bunch of poison ivy. The poor kid was like downwind or something and got the worst case I've ever seen. He looked like a burn victim or something. It was fucking awful, he had to go to the hospital. A couple years ago my friend got it all over his face by falling out of a car drunk trying to piss in a field.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I've heard some horror stories about burning poison ivy, too. Imagine that shit in your lungs?

My boyfriend went camping with a bunch of dudes, one of whom used the stuff to wipe his ass after a bear's visit to the woods. nuff said.

• Yeah, I think he did get blisters and fluid build up in his lungs. He also got the worst sunburn I've ever seen, fucker had some awfully sensitive skin.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    soak in oatmeal, it will help with the itching, sounds funky but it works
    because if its bad and you scratch, you'll end up like this dude

• Thanks everybody.

I'm going to see the doctor right now.

Oh, and I strongly advise against "doing it in the park, doing it after dark, oh yeah, Rock Creek Park.."

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    damn! I'm sorry!

Had my first brush with it this winter. fucked up shit!