Heatrocks Revisited (post audio)

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
It's been a while since we felt the warm goodness of the Heatrocks wash over us. Now that it's cold and NY is cranky (hi, guys!), I thought it would be a good time to post audio and a story of the Heat you received.I bought a raer Augustus Pablo/King Tubby from the one K in Canada, but he decided to throw in some belated wedding gifts, as well. Among them was a stellar (and oh-so-slack) 45 by Charley Fay entitled simply "Punnany" [sic].Check it out and post your Heatrocks!http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1NFP33JADF2OH0Y6LQPA1223ZX

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    good idea,

I work at a palce with a TV on every desk, there was no way to escape the pictures of destruction and it got to me in a rough way. I thought I'd suggest that we try to raise some money for the folks who had it rough much in the same way we did for the victims of the Tsunami. Thank god Bambouche picked up the ball and ran with it because it is his vision and drive that made heatrocks possible.

Prior to my heatrocks purchase I had never spent more than $65 on any piece of vinyl, but as soon as these auctions went up there was no ceiling on what I was willing to drop. As soon as I saw a Larry T being offered I knew I had to have it. dropped many times more money than I had ever spent on a record before and if I had to do it all over again, I would of spent even more.

A Big thank you to Asprin & Bam for making this work out so well, Wholewheat for being giving enough to put up his copy of the album, and everyone else for making the heatrocks a success beyond any of our imaginations.

I got the record in the mail gave it a few listens and decided it would be wrong to just slide into the expedit, after all this purchase wasn't just a record buy it was an act of helping done alongside many others with good hearts. Its now posted on my wall and it ain't coming down

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm dissapointed that no one else responded in this thread

• The most money I've ever spent on a record, but it wasn't like I was buying a record. Bla bla bla...you know the rest. Bought this beauty from PeacfulRo and I could tell it hurt him to give it away, but that was the point.

Chuck Carbo- Can I Be Your Squeeze?

• Late on this, but wanted to reply before I take any longer responding to this thread before it gets lost in the 50 thousand threads that pass everyday.

My heatrock: Fela Anikupulo Kuti "Sorrow Tears and Blood". Meistro RapeDonkeys was the ever so generous donater for this auction. Auction ended for 350 bones. Still think i got a deal, for the message that's in this LP. I still listen to this piece a couple times a month. As far as sound samples, let me know if you want me to post these jonks. Either here or at the room.

hollur and thanks again RD!

Peas.