Anyone ever did music for films? (MP3 inside)

generiquegenerique 625 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I did some music for a short horrorfilm in 2000. It was called Tinnef (Scum). I thought I lost all files when I had a crash, but I found some of it on a CDR just now. Thought it would be fun to share. It's pretty wild.The movie was a filmschool graduation project featuring the singer of The Urban Dance Squad. It was a parody on high school flicks. It's about a guy who goes to see a docter on campus because his ass hurts. Instead of finding hemroids, the docter advices him to "use some lubrication". The guy is baffled! Turns out he's being drugged every night by his roommate who subjects him to... god knows what. Roommate turns out to be a vampire, or he imagines to be one, and he starts to chase his victim around the campus at night. This was the music to accompany the chase: campus chase Then the guy hides in the laboratory of the chemistry faculty, but the vampire dude finds him and the chase continues through several laboratories. They jump out of the window and hereby the vampire dude impales himself.This was the laboratory music, including the impalement: laboratory chase I liked to time it very precise on the action, with shockeffects and stuff. So, did any of you did stuff for movies?

Comments

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    When I grow [up], I want to do stuff like this.

I'd love to see the scenes with this music.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Yeah! I made music for a short. I also made "GENERIQUE" (aka TV programs), TV Spots, radio, internet...

Links comin' soon

Bapt.

• When I grow, I want to do stuff like this.

I'd love to see the scenes with this music.

I would love to see that too... They edited the music pretty heavily and even mixed it with some random acid house I understand they wanted to change the tone of the movie a bit because with all the elements put together it turned out to be very bleak. I was a bit disapointed and I asked for a version with the music used as intended but they forgot (hey, we were young).

Yeah! I made music for a short. I also made "GENERIQUE" (aka TV programs), TV Spots, radio, internet...

Links comin' soon

Bapt.

Please post 'm up! I like to hear, especially the "title tunes".

• I did some music for the films "George Washington"(title music) and "All the Real Girls" (the scene of the clown party in the Hospital).

Never saw a fuckin dime.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    "All the Real Girls"
    this movie almost ended my relationship, i hated it so much.

• "All the Real Girls"

yeah its a weird one. its almost too real.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Please post 'm up! I like to hear, especially the "title tunes".

Eyh! Generique, I meant I made "g??n??riques" aka music for TV programs, in French, ya see...

• Please post 'm up! I like to hear, especially the "title tunes".

Eyh! Generique, I meant I made "g??n??riques" aka music for TV programs, in French, ya see...

Ha! Can you school me on my own name please? I typed this in when signing up at SS because "generique" is all over the track listings of those cool French OST's I (like to) have. Always thought it was the music accompanying the titles...

But anyway, I like to hear some SS filmmusic.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I have done music for a couple of short films and a few jingles. Nothing big. Recently collaborated with my friend Woody on 18 tracks for a documentary. Here is a taste:

The Phobos Peepl - Weightless Step

The Phobos Peepl - Light Of The Righteous

Woody - Wood Set

A Sampler of all 18 tracks

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Night Theme

Just a little snippet. The drums are sampled (Live At The PJS! Finally!), rest is played (poorly).

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I did some music for the films "George Washington"(title music)

I fell asleep when I first saw this. Then I bought the DVD.

sometimes I don't get myself

• I was music supervisor for the documentary called "Soul In The Hole" and I also did some music for it as well. I also have a song on this movie called "Hurricane Streets." I start working on another documentary called Sneaker Stories in the new year for Europe and will mostly be music supervising it, but will make music if all pre-recorded stuff doesn't work or isn't available.

• I turned in a bunch of music a few months back to be used in the new enjoi[/b] skateboard video that's currently being edited for release in the Spring. I'm not quite sure what they used yet, but I'll get a credit out of it and some product.

On a personal note I'm kinda stoked to do this being that old skate videos were what first got me into 'non-mainstream' types of music in the first place.

I've come full circle.

-B-

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Heres a couple of things I've made for TV:

Music for tv show, tv mag:

LES DETOURNEURS.mov

CE QUI FAIT DEBAT.mov

TV spots:

COMME DES GARCONS.mov

A. MARTIN - ELECTROLUX.mov

More to come.

Unfortunately, ain't got the short digitalized yet...

More to come.

B.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

WOW! Dejean, nice job!!

Backatcha. Your tracks sound real good, I especially like that jazzy debate beat and sneaking in 'funky drummer' is always mucho appreciated

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    I did some music for the films "George Washington"

Respect, You're a talented dude. Music had a lot to do with the enjoyment of that film. At least for me.

Never saw a fuckin dime.

I'm sorry to hear that.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I did some music for the films "George Washington"(title music) and "All the Real Girls" (the scene of the clown party in the Hospital).

Never saw a fuckin dime.

Sorry for you The HookUp,
    can we hear some of your beats/ songs/...?
    Plz

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    I have done music for a couple of short films and a few jingles. Nothing big. Recently collaborated with my friend Woody on 18 tracks for a documentary. Here is a taste:

The Phobos Peepl - Weightless Step
    The Phobos Peepl - Light Of The Righteous
    Woody - Wood Set
    A Sampler of all 18 tracks

that light of the righteous was incredible! thanks for sharing. i like that tune around 2 mins in of the snippet too.

• Wow, you guys kill it. Bapt, Dejean, very nice stuff. I can almost see the record collections that are behind this music. I like how filmmusic seeks out different musical structures. That track from Gamble is smooth too.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Well Thankyuh, sir.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Yeah! yeah! nice ish GAMBLE!!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i've done music for art installations:

here

• "All the Real Girls"

yeah its a weird one. its almost too real.

i was at sundance when the director (not worth remembering his name) won some bullshit award for his PILE OF FLAMING SHIT film that he had entered, ATRG. when he gave his acceptance speech he did make mention of "some totally awesome dudes" who helped with the music.

just sayin, at least you got some shyne during the acceptance speech HOOKUP. i'd be stoked to have music in an award winning flick. even if it was a piece of schitt. you can use it in your resume....

....not to rub it in, but the director of ATRG was being swarmed by about 35 girls at the awards party as well. this pissed me off even before i knew how bad the movie was.

• i had a 30 second beat that was used for SEX AND THE CITY on HBO. i just recently watched it again and i realised that there is a toilet flush laid on top of the part where my beat is played.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i had a 30 second beat that was used for SEX AND THE CITY on HBO. i just recently watched it again and i realised that there is a toilet flush laid on top of the part where my beat is played.

damn T*m that's HARSH!!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    i had a 30 second beat ...

wanna hear

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Bapt, I cant play MOV's but i wanna hear your shit...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Bapt, I cant play MOV's but i wanna hear your shit...

Just right click/ save as... ain't working?
    Let me know.

Bapt