I need a ride to bk (strike related)

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
this strike is fucking bullshit. it's not that big a deal to retire at 62 instead of 55. it's not worth shutting down the city. anyways if anyone wants to give me a ride into brooklyn tonight from the LES, that'd be sweet.

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    this strike is fucking bullshit. it's not that big a deal to retire at 62 instead of 55. it's not worth shutting down the city.

anyways if anyone wants to give me a ride into brooklyn tonight from the LES, that'd be sweet.

I could have helped you out there buddy, but your lack of solidarity with your fellow human means I think you should walk across the bridge. Sympathy with the devil gets you well-developed calf muscles.

Broadway in BK is a parking lot right now.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    this strike is fucking bullshit. it's not that big a deal to retire at 62 instead of 55. it's not worth shutting down the city.

anyways if anyone wants to give me a ride into brooklyn tonight from the LES, that'd be sweet.

I could have helped you out there buddy, but your lack of solidarity with your fellow human means I think you should walk across the bridge. Sympathy with the devil gets you well-developed calf muscles.

sasche,

i seriously want to punch you right now.

sasche,

i seriously want to punch you right now.

You're angry at the man, but the corporate media has brainwashed you into being angry at the symptom. This is a good start T*m. I AM YOU MY BROTHER!

• How come nobody's mad at this jackass????

• Why do you care so much about MTA employees?

How come nobody's mad at this jackass????

Who is both The Man & The Media! Funny that.

I forgot which color pill to take.

Why do you care so much about MTA employees?

I think they are more important than hipsters on message boards.

because he walked to work today! And apart from putting pressure on the unions and the mta, he can't really do antyhing.

• Why do you care so much about MTA employees?

White guilt.[/b]

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    stop being such a faggot.

How come nobody's mad at this jackass????

because he walked to work today! And apart from putting pressure on the unions and the mta, he can't really do antyhing that would alienate the blu-colla vote[/b].

Why do you care so much about MTA employees?

White guilt.

Yup. that and growing up under Thatcher.

because he walked to work today! And apart from putting pressure on the unions and the mta, he can't really do antyhing.

Nothing like a billionaire telling working stiffs they have to cut back for the good of the city...

stop being such a faggot.

Read a book

• he doesn't care about alienating voters, he's on his second term, and he's more Mike Bloomberg than republican. Anyways, I don't really give a shit, I'm making sketches, paint a clean train tonight boy!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

he doesn;t care about allienating a voters, he's on his second term, and he's more Mike Bloomberg than republican. Anyways, I don't really give a shit, I'm making sketches, paint a clean train tonight boy!

Bloomberg ain't going back to the private sector. I think he loves this stuff.

I don't really give a shit either. But if all NY's web designers went on strike, I don't think anyone would notice. People need to get over themselves a bit instead of thinking that unions are ruining everything.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

i lucked out b/c today is the one tuesday a month i have off from djing. the idea of having to ride my bike carrying records in 10 degree weather is painful. how's the cab situation out in the real world (i got permission to work from home today, thank god. walking to work with the flu= not a good look)? is it impossible or kinda doable?

• he doesn;t care about allienating a voters, he's on his second term, and he's more Mike Bloomberg than republican. Anyways, I don't really give a shit, I'm making sketches, paint a clean train tonight boy!

I don't really give a shit either. But if all NY's web designers went on strike, I don't think anyone would notice. People need to get over themselves a bit instead of thinking that unions are ruining everything.

25 years of anti-union propaganda have sunk in deep.[/b]

• hey spliff, iam all for solidarity and i am the union chairman at my work, where I can't strike[/b], but it seems lame these folks can strike and fuck up everyones shit, informational picketing can work just as well

• hey spliff, iam all for solidarity and i am the union chairman at my work, where I can't strike[/b], but it seems lame these folks can strike and fuck up everyones shit, informational picketing can work just as well

Yeah...those picket signs were clearly getting everyone's attention...

hey spliff, iam all for solidarity and i am the union chairman at my work, where I can't strike[/b], but it seems lame these folks can strike and fuck up everyones shit, informational picketing can work just as well

The web designers round here would probably laugh at the pickets. And picketing means they are raising awareness for the consumer to make up their own mind and what? Boycott the subway? Read the posts on here this morning!

You can't strike because this country has sold itself down the river. Don't hatt on people who are fighting to keep some of their rights.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    hey spliff, iam all for solidarity and i am the union chairman at my work, where I can't strike[/b], but it seems lame these folks can strike and fuck up everyones shit, informational picketing can work just as well

you live and work in jersey, right? if you were a straphanger i doubt you'd be singing that song.

i love how it's people from out of town and the unemployed playing the devils advocate here.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    he doesn;t care about allienating a voters, he's on his second term, and he's more Mike Bloomberg than republican. Anyways, I don't really give a shit, I'm making sketches, paint a clean train tonight boy!

Are you stating that Unions are perfect and don't do some suspect things?

you live and work in jersey, right? if you were a straphanger i doubt you'd be singing that song.

i love how it's people from out of town and the unemployed playing the devils advocate here.

You are incorrect sir (though I do live in Jersey). Grew up in a union family, worked union jobs and honored picket lines. Direct some of that anger at Bloomberg and the MTA.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

The web designers round here would probably laugh at the pickets. And picketing means they are raising awareness for the consumer to make up their own mind and what? Boycott the subway? Read the posts on here this morning!

You can't strike because this country has sold itself down the river. Don't hatt on people who are fighting to keep some of their rights.
    i'm all for your deportation right now.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    it seems lame these folks can strike and fuck up everyones shit

Now ya'll know how us Philly folk felt a month or so ago. I'm lucky because I walk to work everyday, but shit was hectic for loads of other peoples. The realistic timeline for this strike can't be too long, a week tops? It's in the best inerest of the city to get this figured out ASAP. Scare tactics.

• he doesn;t care about allienating a voters, he's on his second term, and he's more Mike Bloomberg than republican. Anyways, I don't really give a shit, I'm making sketches, paint a clean train tonight boy!

No i'm not. What I am saying is that there has been a concerted effort - way out of proportion to any real wrongdoing - to destroy organized labor in this country, mainly by people who don't like to pay for things like benefits, fair wages or a safe workplace. If you think Bush and Bloomberg are anti-union because they honestly think unions are corrupt, you're not paying attention.

I am not unemployed. I told you I did my stint for the man for this year, thanks. I am IT consultant scum, and my girl runs a business and has another job in music production. I'd say that qualifies us to have an opinion on capitalism.

I thought you said you hustled beats for a living? You don't got broadband?

No i'm not. What I am saying is that there has been a concerted effort - way out of proportion to any real wrongdoing - to destroy organized labor in this country, mainly by people who don't like to pay for things like benefits, fair wages or a safe workplace. If you think Bush and Bloomberg are anti-union because they honestly think unions are corrupt, you're not paying attention.

On the walking front...it's do-able. Get your Long March on! Cabs right now are on some $300 a ride sorta nonsense....beware.

BK is a parking lot, as stated before. craigslist has a lot of rides posted into BK and QNS right now....also, if you can get up to 96th, there's a lot of AM riders trying to put together some 4-man carpools....worth a shot...