Another SWAT standoff on my block.... sigh....

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
3 DOORS DOWN FROM MY HOUSE THIS HAPPENED:A SWAT stand-off is over in South Park Monday morning. It started at just before 10 p.m. Sunday in the 1900 block of Edgemont.When officers responded to noise complaints, a man showed a gun to police before locking himself in his home. Officers tried to get the man out with flash grenades, but the suspect remained inside. ???We understand he does this kind of thing, loud noise, and so forth, possibly in Missouri. I don't know anything about that, but we are trying to convince him this is not Missouri and we mean some business here,??? [/b]said Dave Cohen a San Diego Police Spokesperson.Police remain on the scene, but swat officers have called off their investigation.Goddam thats funny. For the record, I heard it was just an air rifle.Whats a flash grenade?I swear, I keep telling myself I don't live in "the hood", but the weirdest shit keeps happening on my block. Like that house that collapsed and ruptured a gas line.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

sweet!

SAN DIEGO -- A 1912 craftsman house that slipped off its foundation during a renovation Wednesday may be too expensive to repair, NBC 7/39 reported.

The incident occurred at about 1:30 p.m. at Edgemont and Grape streets in South Park as homeowner Dave Wood was just sitting down to watch a baseball game. The house was in the middle of a foundation repair and was jacked up on stilts.

"I was watching the baseball game on ESPN -- I can't even remember who the teams were now -- and I could feel it," Wood said. "You know how it feels when something wobbles and it gets to a point where it's not coming back? That's exactly how it felt and I said, 'Oh, no.'"

Neighbors said they heard a ripping noise and then a loud hiss before the house slid to its side and collapsed. One worker became trapped underneath the house. He was transported to the hospital with moderate injuries.

The house -- recently appraised at more than $600,000 -- will probably be too expensive to repair, Wood said. He has an emotional attachment to the two-story home he grew up in and to the South Park neighborhood, and said he would likely try to build a new one on the same lot.

"The only time it's emotional for me is when I'm inside. I was in there earlier with my daughter and she said, 'Dad, we have to go.'"

Wood was able to recover some valuables from the house, including his grandmother's table and hand-sewn quilts that had special meaning to his wife.

Damn, nobody cares about my story? I thought it was cool!

• Dude you are happy fun and drunk guy. That's what people want to hear about.

This story was neither happy or fun. Are you drunk yet at least?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I care about you

do you care about me?

Dude you are happy fun and drunk guy. That's what people want to hear about.

This story was neither happy or fun. Are you drunk yet at least?

Now, see, I thought the part about Missouri was fucking hilarious, but to answer your question, no, I am not drunk. But that last sentence had 5 commas in it.

• did they roll through blaring rhythem heritage's 'swat theme'? that'd be kinda ill!

did they roll through blaring rhythem heritage's 'swat theme'? that'd be kinda ill!

They didn't blare shit! I had no idea it was going on last night. I heard 2 loud bangs last night (and it was DEFINITELY after 10, no matter what that article said). Anyways, I was like "hm, I wonder what that was?" And when I didn't hear any sirens I went back to sleep.

Then HJ left the house before me this morning and then comes back in 2 seconds later like "dude... there's a million cop cars and a news van in the street!"

So when I was done ironing my shirt I went to go ask a cop what happened but he wouldn't tell me.