SOUL STRUT REVIEWS SECTION -- HELP WANTED.

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
MUSIC JOURNALISTS WANTED[/b]

One of my goals for 2006 is to recussitate the Reviews section here on Soul Strut. My main objective is to recruit talent from this very board and get them more involved with the main site. Optimally, the writers I recruit can have access to the ss database and post reviews at will (positive or negative). If you bought or downloaded a record that you think deserves recognition... give it shine right here on soul strut. Because the review section has been rather dormant over the past couple of years, the promos have not been pouring in. I hope to change that.

This is a great chance to get your writing skills out there and boost your resume. The ss site has been enjoying a significant amount of traffic as of late and this is a great chance to be a part of the site's success.

If you would seriously like to write reviews for the site PM me. Samples of past reviews would be nice.

PHP PROGRAMMER WANTED[/b]

Also -- PHP Programmers. I have some PHP experience, but would much rather outsource the work. If any body wants to aid in programming the reviews section, let me know.

Post comments / concerns.

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    the promos have not been pouring in. I hope to change that.[/b]

I'm feeling the reality of your mission statement.

• Why not use a blog program? Just customize it to the look of Soulstrut and you're hot.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    What about ISH too?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Ratings =

• Ratings =

Rarity index = "5 Reynaldos"?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I want Schnipper reviews!!!

• I want Schnipper reviews!!!

I want faux_rillz reviews!!!

Actually I would review some shit. I've seen plenty of up and coming hip hoppers that deserve some shiiiiiine.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    When you say "reviews" you're talking the motown67 type reviews (short, and to the point)? Or are you trying to introduce reviews of a longer variety?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I want faux_rillz reviews!!!

"it's a terd"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    When you say "reviews" you're talking the motown67 type reviews (short, and to the point [and tallying up the drum breaks])?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

No he didn't!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

PHP PROGRAMMER WANTED[/b]

..would much rather outsource the work.

aschrock does a great job. highly recommended

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'd do this. Are we reviewing hip hop or old raers?

I probably shouldn't review hip hop releases since I think everything is crap. Then again, maybe thats why I should....?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I'd do this. Are we reviewing hip hop or old raers?

I probably shouldn't review hip hop releases since I think everything is crap. Then again, maybe thats why I should....?

it works for turntable lab

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I am all for the new music review/promo concept. Will do good for the site and provide interesting opinions.

I suggest a raer review section where anyone (with a descent enough writeup) could post a review of an LP, that is unknown to most. The knoledge base will grow exponentially.

Good luck with the revamping. We all benefit from the passion. Thanks

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    More reviews / more magazine like= the way to go!

For a start: bring motown67's reviews more to the front. It would be great to have a search function for the reviews or at leasta list of artists that a reviewd to scroll down.

Will provide reviews in my best german english whenever needed.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    More reviews / more magazine like= the way to go!

For a start: bring motown67's reviews more to the front. It would be great to have a search function for the reviews or at leasta list of artists that a reviewd to scroll down.

Hi Oliver, you've been a interesting talkpiece here on soulstrut lately

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    anybody who remembers when I first came on here knows I should step up to the plate for this. i'm gonna work on some after I move into my new house. put my money where my mouf at. including the 4 year late fees (payable to Motown67).

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

co-ssein...

• PHP PROGRAMMER WANTED[/b]

Also -- PHP Programmers. I have some PHP experience, but would much rather outsource the work. If any body wants to aid in programming the reviews section, let me know.

just hook me up with some more info (or answer one of my pms...)

peace,

dk essence

• How many words does are you looking for? Any limits to what you may review?

• my 2 cents

Why not have a system where there is a main review and other soulstrut users can write a review if they have the lp (like amazon readers reviews). So some titles may have 5 or 6 varying reviews which could give a broad range of opinions.

• my 2 cents

Why not have a system where there is a main review and other soulstrut users can write a review if they have the lp (like amazon readers reviews). So some titles may have 5 or 6 varying reviews which could give a broad range of opinions.

That is the new standard right there....