ebay dilemma...

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I won something on ebay today for a decent () amount and now I'm contemplating not paying.

Here's the situation:

1. Someone (he knows, I'm assuming) opened an account on ebay yesterday and bid against me 7 times upping the price in small increments.
2. He was selling 5-10 other items. As soon as my auction finished, they all disappeared.
3. Dude hasn't returned my email about how he plans to ship it (it's heavy).

His feedback is 97% with negatives only as a buyer, but all this other shit has me wondering if I should send the money or just take a hit.

Opinions, plaese...

ROSS - I WILL GET THAT TO YOU, GOOD LUCK TONIGHT!

ZINZANNI OUT

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Has this guy recently registered himself or has he been on the bay for a while?

peace

h

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    soul-fruit ( 315Feedback score is 100 to 499)

Feedback Score: 315
    Positive Feedback: 97.6%
    Member since Apr-13-97 in United States

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    ehhh. i wouldnt be tooo worried, but i mean, it's up to you

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

1. Someone (he knows, I'm assuming) opened an account on ebay yesterday and bid against me 7 times upping the price in small increments.

It would be cool if you could prove this and send a complaint to the ebay people... what is the username of the person that was bidding against you?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    rocknrollradio86

All his bids were in increments of $10 and $20 and I'm thinking - if you see something you want to buy, you open an account with ebay and buy that shit. Not bid juuuuust above the amount of the high bidder.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I don't understand your beef....he wasn't the second high bidder???

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    was it bid up a significant amount more than you thought you were going to pay?

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I wonder would ebay be willing to cross check the seller and bidder.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    was it bid up a significant amount more than you thought you were going to pay?

No, maybe by $50. It's kind of beat but these don't pop up too often.

Maybe I'm overreacting, and this could all just be a strange coincidence (all his other auctions closed minutes after mine ended, most of which had a day or 2 to go, someone signing up for ebay the day after I became the high bidder and slowly upping the bid amount, etc.) but I just get a bad gut feeling about this.

And I don't want to lose hundreds of dollars, too.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Duderino, i think they have companies that act as a middle man - they hold your payment until they have seen that the packaged is shipped to you. Its called e-escrow or some shit. Im sure someone here must know somethign about it.

Hope it works out. Disco-Strings are

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    why does it matter? dude wasn't the second highest bidder anyway.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Was that directed to me or Rockadelic?

He wouldn't need to be the second highest bidder to bump up the auction.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

If the suspiscious guy had never bid the final result would have been the same...no????

• why does it matter? dude wasn't the second highest bidder anyway.

It was sniped one second before closing. I doubt you woulda got it cheaper on this auction. Just think that that guy had it sniped for days at that price.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

• Maybe I'm overreacting, and this could all just be a strange coincidence

You are overreacting and it may not be a coincidence. I get swirlly when cats don't outbid me, but bid multiple times as well, but I don't think it's some friend of the seller - I just bid on everything they're bidding on. And yes - that wilding out has caused me to win shit I have already have.