Kontakt 2

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
anybody use it? looks sooooooooooooooooooooooper complicated.

Comments

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    so ... dope!
    period.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    hows the learning curve on the sucker?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    guru or kontakt?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    guru or kontakt?

Guru > Kontakt

IMO. I have both...

Cashless = Software whore

• snosno 332 Posts
    It is quite a complicated little monster...but you can wait for the Kontakt tutorial DVD to be released by Native INstruments later. If it's as informative as the Absynth tutorial DVD then one should have no problem diving into it right away.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Anyone use Reaktor 5? It seems like it has crazy potential but there's no way in fuck that I would spend the time to learn it or even have the attention span to learn it...

• snosno 332 Posts
    Same here. I thought it's graphical interface would make a good alternative to MAX/MSP (always want to mess with it but I'm far too stupid to even grasp it's operational concept), but it seems it's just a slightly less difficult version of MAX/MSP.

• Same here. I thought it's graphical interface would make a good alternative to MAX/MSP (always want to mess with it but I'm far too stupid to even grasp it's operational concept), but it seems it's just a slightly less difficult version of MAX/MSP.

i've been a max user for several years, and although it has a learning curve it's actually all just low level arithmetic/algebra. i actually found reaktor to be more confusing when i tried it out, partly because the module inputs/outs are organized wierd.

kontakt is great though. highly reccomended a+++++

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    i've been a max user for several years, and although it has a learning curve it's actually all just low level arithmetic/algebra.

The math approach doesn't scare me either, but you must admit that it's pretty far from the "hook a beat up on the mpc" way of making music. I can understand why some people find it confusing. I want to get started on messing with Supercollider soon. Do you have any experiences with SC?

• The math approach doesn't scare me either, but you must admit that it's pretty far from the "hook a beat up on the mpc" way of making music. I can understand why some people find it confusing. I want to get started on messing with Supercollider soon. Do you have any experiences with SC?

yeah it's way different from the mpc, mostly because of the effort you need to put in because the interface to make the music isn't already designed for you (that's usually the hardest part...finding out how you wanna organize your patch).

as far as supercollider, it's pretty straight-forward...you code some stuff and it shows up after compiling. probably a worthwhile investment if you need to do some really specific fourier transforms or additive synthesis. at the moment i'm more interested in musical over acoustic theory so i haven't touched it at all, but one of my buddies who does some heavy 8-bit-meets-pierre-henry stuff is seriously with some supercollider patches he's shown off.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    So you guys do math and shit? I dont get it.

I just Bang on Presets. JEEEAHHH!!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    So you guys do math and shit? I dont get it.

I just Bang on Presets. JEEEAHHH!!

Actually I don't use 'braniac' software for 95% of my tracks. It's something I like to mess with on the side. I just like trying out different tools. My average workflow is pretty conventional with a sampler at the helm of the setup. In fact I need to get with a new softsampler sometime soon. Going to check out Kontakt and Guru.

CamK-> Is there somewhere I can hear your friends music on the net? Sounds interesting, and I'd like to hear how he's incorporated SC.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    CamK-> Is there somewhere I can hear your friends music on the net? Sounds interesting, and I'd like to hear how he's incorporated SC.

• Actually I don't use 'braniac' software for 95% of my tracks. It's something I like to mess with on the side. I just like trying out different tools. My average workflow is pretty conventional with a sampler at the helm of the setup. In fact I need to get with a new softsampler sometime soon. Going to check out Kontakt and Guru.

i just got kontakt 2 for a little tryout... if anyone has some nice tutorials, please let me know.