Hawaii Digging

JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Is there any point in goin diggin out here. Purple Haze and Jellys are closed apparently. Any other worthwhile spots??

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    what kind of stuff are you looking for? in general, i would say no but i can direct you to a few spots. pm me

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    yeesh, the only 2 record spots that existed have closed? I heard a dude from Detroit opened up out there a year or so ago, but rumors that he got shut down by the city?????

Anasarcasm whould know.....

• Aloha Stadium swap meet maybe? I found some latin there.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeesh, the only 2 record spots that existed have closed? I heard a dude from Detroit opened up out there a year or so ago, but rumors that he got shut down by the city?????

place in detroit shutdown. store was dope but the location was godawful

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

You're talkin' about my hommie Scott Craig. Super-thorough 45 collector. Used to spin funk parties with Mr. Hales (btb too?) back in the day and would play shit like the Sex Machines, Burning Desire, Black Magic(!!!!) etc. Heard the same thing about his store location (i.e. awful). Think he's in LA now. That dude needs to join the strut.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I'll be in Kauai tomorrow. Keeping an eye out for Societey of Se7en & Some "These Trails" action.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I'll be in Maui 2nd week in January.....any spots there?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I hate U All.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    Is there any point in goin diggin out here. Purple Haze and Jellys are closed apparently. Any other worthwhile spots??

Jellys is still open! theyve just moved around I guess. Now theyre in Pearl Kai area nearPearl Ridge right by the brand new Best Buy store.

Also, a new place called Stylus just opened up this year, but I haven't been yet.

Jellys is really the only place I go. Got some pretty good finds there, but I need more!

• Think he's in LA now. That dude needs to join the strut.

in la?? if you know him have him holler at me. i need some heads to put together a good 70s/80s spin out here. got the connections, just need some headzzzzzz all my headz out here are SMOKING THAT CRACK.

my email is [email]liptonwhitaker@yahoo.com[/email]

peace-tom

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Think he's in LA now. That dude needs to join the strut.

in la?? if you know him have him holler at me. i need some heads to put together a good 70s/80s spin out here. got the connections, just need some headzzzzzz all my headz out here are SMOKING THAT CRACK.

my email is [email]liptonwhitaker@yahoo.com[/email]

peace-tom

Hi Tom. I'll email him tonight.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'll be in Kauai tomorrow. Keeping an eye out for Societey of Se7en & Some "These Trails" action.

don't you mean Lemuria?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

don't you mean Lemuria?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

don't you mean Don Ho?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

anasarcasm sent me that article a while back.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    nah man. hawaii has NO records. seriously. don't bother. NO records.

there's too much beauty in hawaii to be missed while sifting through a gazillion commons.

you should be like all on the beach in waikiki.

go nowhere near kalihi.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

go nowhere near kalihi.

Why do you say that? The locals in Kalihi got you shook? LOL! One of the best restaurants in all of Hawaii is in Kalihi, HELENA'S HAWAIIAN FOOD foolio!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you gotta go to the kalihi strip clubs and pick up some huge micronesian or philipino chick

you gotta go to the kalihi strip clubs and pick up some huge micronesian or philipino chick

I'll leave the huge chicks for you Brian! You can catch me at Club Femme Nu in Waikiki hommie.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

go nowhere near kalihi.

Why do you say that? The locals in Kalihi got you shook? LOL! One of the best restaurants in all of Hawaii is in Kalihi, HELENA'S HAWAIIAN FOOD foolio!

cuz, i AM kalihi. kam iv rd all day beeeesh!

but cosign on helena's. right around the corner is

• you gotta go to the kalihi strip clubs and pick up some huge micronesian or philipino chick

I'll leave the huge chicks for you Brian! You can catch me at Club Femme Nu in Waikiki hommie.

Yo Chan, one of the hommies works at Femme Nu, let me know the next time your out there. Let's plan a Femme Nu trip, me, you and L Dula!!!!!!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    who's the one who was talking about the trap door at femme nu the last time some strip club discussion came up? i dont really go to strip clubs that that trap door shit had me laughing my ass off

• who's the one who was talking about the trap door at femme nu the last time some strip club discussion came up? i dont really go to strip clubs that that trap door shit had me laughing my ass off

I did!!! My homeboy told me all kinds of crazy stories about Pro Bowl weekend and all the pro athletes. Funny stuff!

Yo Chan, one of the hommies works at Femme Nu, let me know the next time your out there. Let's plan a Femme Nu trip, me, you and L Dula!!!!!!!!

Word hommie! I am sure Jacob Wizzle will roll with us too. We were up in there with my hommies last time we were in HI.

• Options
    Club Femme Nu in Waikiki

Don't forget Deja Vu across from the Hyatt.

I was at Femme Nu a few times too but can't remember it...I think that was the place in a stand-alone building near where the two main roads fork? There was some other place too with a Rose in the title. And then some other place that I don't even think had a name, then again I have no short term memory and thought everywhere on that island was a couple blocks off Ward Avenue.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

You're talkin' about my hommie Scott Craig. Super-thorough 45 collector. Used to spin funk parties with Mr. Hales (btb too?) back in the day and would play shit like the Sex Machines, Burning Desire, Black Magic(!!!!) etc. Heard the same thing about his store location (i.e. awful). Think he's in LA now. That dude needs to join the strut.

yep, word is Detroit Soul Connection got shut down. heard that scott got screwed 'cause the city wouldn't let him advertise outside the shop with a sign on the street and he was sort of buried out of public eye. really too bad. i thought that was awesome and ambitious to make the move out there and set up shop. if anyone could make it work out there, probably scott.

Club Femme Nu in Waikiki

Don't forget Deja Vu across from the Hyatt.

I was at Femme Nu a few times too but can't remember it...I think that was the place in a stand-alone building near where the two main roads fork? There was some other place too with a Rose in the title. And then some other place that I don't even think had a name, then again I have no short term memory and thought everywhere on that island was a couple blocks off Ward Avenue.

What it do Sween? What new kicks did you get? Wizzle and I hit Deja Vu too and kept the Hennessy going. The girls at Femme Nu were killn' the Deja vu girls! Club Rose is the other joint you are thinking of. We should have a soulstrut convention in Hawaii!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i think deja vu closed down

i think deja vu closed down

Good. Femme Nu was really killin' that spot!