Contemporary club music sucks

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
For whatever reason, every week I get a bunch of emails from online record stores hawking the new 12"s. Tonight I was curious and I gave a selection of the deep house samples a listen. The music sounds more or less the same as it did seven years ago! Contemporary Glen Lewis sounds just like Glen Lewish circa 1999. Same with Keri Chandler, and everybody else. How can people still get down to this stuff? Once upon a time it sounded a little fresh and compelling, but all these years later? Is it just me, or is today's deep house just a tired, played-out clich??? Don't get me started on 'big room progressive'; that shit makes me misanthropic. Nonetheless, I still want to be DJ Donovan playing "Deep Sexy Sophisticated Deep House" for San Fran's party people.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Guzzo & Raj!

And oh yeah, girl on the left....

I'd tap.

Herm

• I don't understand english.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Hot damn! DJ Donovan's pictures are too good not to share! I know some of these were posted before, but these images are game over in a jpeg. I mean, woah! WOAH!

OK, maybe I'm being really judgemental and elitist here. Maybe some of you strutters are down with Donovan and dig this scene. Still, WOAH!

Sneers don't come better than this. I bet she practices in front of a mirror.

Even though I've seen pictures, this is how I envision Hcrink:

I can laugh, but they never came to my parties...

And oh yeah, girl on the left....

I'd tap.

Herm

Girl on the left, girl on the right--why be picky?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Good grief...I know I wouldn't be picky about THIS girl the left.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Good grief...I know I wouldn't be picky about THIS amputee.

Dude looks like the bastard love child of David Copperfield and Anthony Kiedis

• wholewheatwholewheat 437 Posts

Even though I've seen pictures, this is how I envision Hcrink:

The one on the left or the one on the right?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

How can I go to this party?!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Good grief...I know I wouldn't be picky about THIS amputee.

Dude looks like the bastard love child of David Copperfield and Anthony Kiedis

With a little Henry Winkler and David Schwimmer thrown in for good measure.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    He looks like the host from that show Cheaters to me.

How can I go to this party?!

How can you go to the party? You need to 'get it':

In 2004, we came along way "TOGETHER" in shaping a new party scene in San Francisco. A new scene that is about fashion without pretentiousness, about classy, upscale venues opening their doors to house music, and about reaching beyond the "underground" and preserving our city's music culture by educating the masses on the beauty of house music. I appreciate those of you who "get it".

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    Check out some of the Halloween pictures