PM ON BLAST! (Planet/Rawkus Related)

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Stick to your Three Six Mafia records homie.
Exsqueeze me?I don't know what exactly provoked this rash anger from the trash ranger, but I am shook. Can you explain so we can squash shit? I don't want to lose any leads on RAWKUS DEADSTOCK GOLD[/b]

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Did I ever claim any Rawkus shit was rare? No I did not. I'm not on that bullshit rare kick like most snobbery DJs are. Truthfully that day when I found those Rawkus 12" singles/Lp's there was a lot of sealed shit I didn"t mention that I already had. bought 1 album that I didn;t have and a couple more records for doubles. Rawkus has never been rare. Nor will it ever be rare, but considering that a Euro pressing of some of the Rawkus LP's sell for $20 bucks and bootlegs sell for atleast $10, and used original pressings go for atleast $25 and up (depending) so to find sealed originals priced at no more than four bucks is a good find. Your Snobbery = little dude.

• i miss vitamin...

carry on

• Rawkus Records In Stock:

Company Flow Funcrusher Plus LP: $20
    Blackstar LP: $25
    Brick City Kids 12": $8
    Black Attack 12": $6
    Reflection Eternal "Fortified Live": $6
    Mos Def "Ms. Fat Booty": $15
    Medina Green "Crosstown Beef": $8
    Common "1999": $8
    High & Mighty "B-Boy Document '99": $8

BIG MONEY FOOL!!!!!!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Exsqueeze me?

I don't know what exactly provoked this rash anger from the trash ranger, but I am shook. Can you explain so we can squash shit? I don't want to lose any leads on

RAWKUS DEADSTOCK GOLD[/b]

It's the old grade skewl "Pull the ponytails of the one you love" deal.

I think he's smitten with you!

I'm not on that bullshit rare kick like most snobbery DJs are.[/b]

Location!!!

• Your PMs being off = shook dude.

Cashless is scurred of the Privately Messaged Wrath of the Math.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    E-Courage
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yeah you'd be a dumbass to pay those prices.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Your PMs being off = shook dude.

• E-Courage
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yeah you'd be a dumbass to pay those prices.

They sell quite well, thank you... and thankfully there's plenty more where that came from because, in actuality, Rawkus records are extremely easy to find.

Now, please explain your initial comment.

• Can someone get me up to date here? As far as I can tell, J*nny & F*ux are competing for Planet's affections by dropping as many Rawkus references possible in a board that isn't hosted by stonesthrowrecords.com or okayplayer.com i.e. they are both "trying to holler at him."

Am I in the ballpark? If so, who's the odds-on favorite for what will surely be the most talked about Blind Date since the Guzzo vs. Scandalous Hoe televised classic bout of 2005?

Your PMs being off = shook dude.

I am ze shook one zun!

*My pm's are on btw

• *My pm's are on btw

This user is not accepting private messages.

Try again. I can't reach you via email, neither.

• Dude seriously... don't send me some bitchy PM talking about some shit you know nothing about... what was your beef exactly?

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Dude seriously... don't send me some bitchy PM talking about some shit you know nothing about... what was your beef exactly?

• FACT: I own more Rawkus records than 3-6 Mafia records.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    FACT: I own more Rawkus records than 3-6 Mafia records.

FACT: Thats too bad.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Can someone get me up to date here?

You've obviously been sleeping on the boy Planet's power movements in the record game, as reported on his blog:

http://vinylathletes.blogspot.com/2005/10/deadstock-gold.html

Deadstock Gold![/b]

It's been a little while since I've come across a stack of vinyl this good, and priced so low that you'd have to be retarded to pass these up. Last night, after sifting through some ok promos, I came across a stash of sealed Rawkus releases-all original in fact sitting in the used Hiphop section of a local store. It looked to me like someone-maybe a former label rep or DJ came in and sold all of their deadstock he or she had, probably for pennies on the dollar. All the records had the bar codes crossed out with sharpie ink just sitting there like it was 98 again. Most of the records in this stash were singles from, Mos Def, Company Flow, and Black Star, but I also found a sealed copy of Mos Def's "Black On Both Sides" as well as the instrumental LP. There were also various sleaed copies of Scenario records releases from Siah And Yeshua, as well as some sealed Fondel Em stuff from MF Doom and Siah, all of which I don't need as well as some payday stuff from Group Home. And if I was a dealer I would have made a killing on all of these. Among the releases I picked up was a sealed copy of the Black Star album, a sealed copy of the Black Star instrumentals, and a sealed "Respiration" 12" with the Rete Rock remix. That Black Star album alone is worth a lot more money used than I paid for this sealed copy. The bootleg of that album alone is priced at around $20 bucks retail so I scored no doubt!

• FACT: I own more Rawkus records than 3-6 Mafia records.

FACT: Thats too bad.

I know... I mean, they're good selections....

Fortified Live 12"

Pharaoh Monche LP

Company Flow "Infokill" 12"

vs.

Stay Fly 12"

Sippin On Some Sizzurp 12"

But I'm still looking for more 3-6 records....

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

You've obviously been sleeping on the boy Planet's power movements in the record game, as reported on his blog:

Deadstock Gold![/b]

It's been a little while since I've come across a stack of vinyl this good, and priced so low that you'd have to be retarded to pass these up. Last night, after sifting through some ok promos, I came across a stash of sealed Rawkus releases-all original in fact sitting in the used Hiphop section of a local store. It looked to me like someone-maybe a former label rep or DJ came in and sold all of their deadstock he or she had, probably for pennies on the dollar. All the records had the bar codes crossed out with sharpie ink just sitting there like it was 98 again. Most of the records in this stash were singles from, Mos Def, Company Flow, and Black Star, but I also found a sealed copy of Mos Def's "Black On Both Sides" as well as the instrumental LP. There were also various sleaed copies of Scenario records releases from Siah And Yeshua, as well as some sealed Fondel Em stuff from MF Doom and Siah, all of which I don't need as well as some payday stuff from Group Home. And if I was a dealer I would have made a killing on all of these. Among the releases I picked up was a sealed copy of the Black Star album, a sealed copy of the Black Star instrumentals, and a sealed "Respiration" 12" with the Rete Rock remix. That Black Star album alone is worth a lot more money used than I paid for this sealed copy. The bootleg of that album alone is priced at around $20 bucks retail so I scored no doubt!

Cross Town Beef........

• I am ze shook one zun!

EPIC REFERENCE

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Deadstock Gold![/b]

It's been a little while since I've come across a stack of vinyl this good, and priced so low that you'd have to be retarded to pass these up. Last night, after sifting through some ok promos, I came across a stash of sealed Rawkus releases-all original in fact sitting in the used Hiphop section of a local store. It looked to me like someone-maybe a former label rep or DJ came in and sold all of their deadstock he or she had, probably for pennies on the dollar. All the records had the bar codes crossed out with sharpie ink just sitting there like it was 98 again.[/b] Most of the records in this stash were singles from, Mos Def, Company Flow, and Black Star, but I also found a sealed copy of Mos Def's "Black On Both Sides" as well as the instrumental LP. There were also various sleaed copies of Scenario records releases from Siah And Yeshua, as well as some sealed Fondel Em stuff from MF Doom and Siah, all of which I don't need as well as some payday stuff from Group Home. And if I was a dealer I would have made a killing on all of these. Among the releases I picked up was a sealed copy of the Black Star album, a sealed copy of the Black Star instrumentals, and a sealed "Respiration" 12" with the Rete Rock remix. That Black Star album alone is worth a lot more money used than I paid for this sealed copy. The bootleg of that album alone is priced at around $20 bucks retail so I scored no doubt!

I feel very, very old.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    I am ze shook one zun!

EPIC REFERENCE

Fat Joe ENGULFS that girl