Some A-Holes Never Learn(NRR)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Like me.....Back in '77 I got a job as a bartender in a real "Saturday Night Fever" like Disco in upscale Long Island....my first week on the job one of the older bartenders was showing me the ropes and gave me this advice..."Never talk to the customers about money, politics, women(wives and mothers)or religion. It can only lead to trouble and it's not good for the tip jar"A few nights later this guy comes up to the bar and starts ordering shots of Grand Marnier which he puts down one after another. After his 4th or 5th one the older bartender asks him "What's got you so down??"...the guy goes on to tell us that his wife had just emptied out his bank account and run away with some guy she met in church.Remembering my lesson and realizing the irony of this guy's story I looked at the other bartender, winked, and said the only thing that came into my demented mind."Was she a Republican or a Democrat?"And now here I am some 30 years later, still participating in conversations that my wise old bartender buddy warned me against.Some assholes never learn.Rich

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    One of the things that makes Soulstrut great is that we have a wide range of opinions and are all pretty much articulate enough to have civil conversations about them. I only wish that the rest of this great country of ours was able to deal with things in such a manner. The NRR posts on this forum is the mortar that holds the bricks together.

And for the record, I may not agree with your opinion about Tookie Smith but I respect the hell out of it and am glad that you share themand your experiences. Please keep it up (just be cool on image posting, for reasons which you now know.)

Cos