People You Sell Records To

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Come on, I'm sure there's some right autistic types up in this bitch. You know, the ones who can't brush their teeth, tie their shoelaces, or hold a 4 word conversation, but mention a certain record and there follows an avalanche of info - part discography, part studio logistics, and then a story about a crazy guy who had one for sale at the last FMU. How many types are there?

Comments

• so...what type am I?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    so...what type am I?

Part Dancing Wookie, part EMO hippie. Deal with it!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I know this one dude who is a walking encyclopedia. He always comes by my work when I'm cleaning up and I usually just say one thing and then listen to him talk for 30 minutes. The other day I just said:

"Hey C****, serge gainsbourg, and go!"

and I had entertainment for about 30 minutes.

As well, he looks EXACTLY like David Axelrod. To the point where I question their genetics. His comment:

"Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, david axelrod is a genius and I wish I could say the same for myself. However, on this 1973 capitol release......."

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

"Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, david axelrod is a genius and I wish I could say the same for myself. However, on this 1973 capitol release......."

This is it exactly! Type A collectro

• so...what type am I?

Part Dancing Wookie, part EMO hippie. Deal with it!

i'm still learning to embrace my inner chewie

If only you could hear his radio show. It's really hillarious the way he talks.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

what's the radio show? are you in Toronto?

Prognosis Negative. West siiiiiiiiiiide.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Prognosis Negative. West siiiiiiiiiiide.

unfortunately i am not hip enough to know if you are telling me the name of the show or that you are actually from the west coast.

heh heh

unfortunately i am not hip enough to know if you are telling me the name of the show or that you are actually from the west coast.

heh heh
    YOU ARE DIVORCED FROM DA STREET.

PS - I live in western Canada

• djrdjr 511 Posts

once sold some records to a guy they refer to as 'stinky steve' at a philly record show. he had to run to the atm, but before he did, he counted the records to make sure I didn't put some back in my creates while he was gone.......

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    was sellin at a swap out here a few months back with Carfagna. This dude comes up lickin his finger, sloppily flipping through 45s for about 15 minutes, not buying anything. Dude has an obvious wig on, dirty greazy sweatpants and sweatshirt, and though we weren't too close to him, looked stinky. Anyways, he turns around and reveals a 5 inch rip in his sweatpants, revealing bare, nasty ass. The dude flipped through the boxes in front of us for a good 30 to 45 minutes, not buying a damn thing.

These dudes are referred as "flippers". They just go to the shows to flip through shit. Never purchase.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    what about people who are really autistic???

those are collectros right there - this guy who used to sweep the floor at my local junkshop in nyc was like rainman except about records - just mention a name or a label & it brought forth an avalanche of serial numbers & dates. compared to him, most diggers are just boring ocd nerds.

• In the mid 90's I used to send out an occasional list of records for sale.This one dude Don Adams from upstate New York was the wackiest of the bunch.He'd call to reserve a record and would start to blab about how he had hundreds of thousands of records in his collection.He once told me that he just "found" them in a barn on a peice of property he bought.The next time he called he changed his story...told me he obtained them from a friend who was having problems with the IRS.He told me a third version as well but can't remember what it was.He would try to impress me by dropping names of all the crazy obscure psych records when it was obvious he was just reading somebody's want list.He would also send lists of records for sale.Records he didn't have.These lists would have all these weird perverted little jokes scribbled across the top...like wtf?Completley dillusional but always came through with the loot.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    We have a guy like this down here in Texas....can tell you every Top 100 in every city from '56-'86.....scary shit.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    there's a guy in detroit working on some crazy 'every chart 45' collection - he has a very noticable open-skull-brain-surgery scar on his close-cropped head.

bob mays calls him 'neil' coz he always used to ask for neil sedaka records.