Handhold strut

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
At the suggestion of Young Phonics, this thread is intended as a safe space for all you little dudes that need your hands held.High levels of asshurtedness not only permitted, but encouraged.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    THIS IS A SAFE SPACE!

Come forth, you little dudes.

LITTLE DUDES!

Do not be afraid!

I wouldn't make a post like this if I didn't like you.

Now is the time to make yourselves vulnerable!

This window of opportunity will soon close!

I am offering pep talks, pats on the back and "It's only the internets" motivational speeches!

• I'm offended by your hatt. I think I'm going to leave. I'm constantly put upon to defend my jazz fusion, my late 90s indie rap, and my collection of over 3,000 drum breaks. I'm OUT OF HERE.

• I'll be back in 5 minutes

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

• I am offering free raers, pats on the backend and "It's only internetsex" motivational speeches!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Dear Faux:

I'm starting to fear that my online self is cooler than my real world self, and my real world self is starting to get kinda jealous. And when people meet my real world self I am afraid that they are let down. The question is, how can I make my real world self more like my online self? How could I possibly post a funny jpeg in real life? Its like next to impossible to keep an arsenal of potentially relevant funny pictures in my pockets to whip out when necessary. Also... when emoticons, or gremlins, were just little faces I found that I was able to do a reasonable job of making those faces when appropriate. But now... I mean... how can I possible compete with this:

??????????????

Plaese help.

I'm offended by your hatt. I think I'm going to leave. I'm constantly put upon to defend my jazz fusion, my late 90s indie rap, and my collection of over 3,000 drum breaks. I'm OUT OF HERE.

INTIMATE EMOTIONAL BIRTHMARKS REVEALED

Dear Faux:

I'm starting to fear that my online self is cooler than my real world self, and my real world self is starting to get kinda jealous. And when people meet my real world self I am afraid that they are let down. The question is, how can I make my real world self more like my online self? How could I possibly post a funny jpeg in real life? Its like next to impossible to keep an arsenal of potentially relevant funny pictures in my pockets to whip out when necessary. Also... when emoticons, or gremlins, were just little faces I found that I was able to do a reasonable job of making those faces when appropriate. But now... I mean... how can I possible compete with this:

Thank you for coming up in here and emotionally disrobing, but you seem to have misunderstood the purpose of the thread; I am not here to give advice--I am only here to tell you that it is okay to be a failure.

So what if everybody is disappointed when they meet you? It's only the real world.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I store my boogers in glass jars.

Dear Faux:

Thank you for coming up in here and emotionally disrobing, but you seem to have misunderstood the purpose of the thread; I am not here to give advice--I am only here to tell you that it is okay to be a failure.

So what if everybody is disappointed when they meet you? It's only the real world.

Holy shit. I think I just had an emotional break through. Up until now I was somehow feeling that the real world was more important than soulstrut world, but I think that is a built in predudice that society has taught me. If I view the soulstrut world as more important (which I realize now that it obviously is) then my internet self wins, meaning that I as a whole win.

wow. thanks!

• I store my boogers in glass jars.

Yes, but how do you organize them and what sort of shelving do you have?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'm lonely.

Hold on a sec. Does this mean that my real world self needs to get my online self something for xmas? And vice versa? Maybe an E-card would suffice.

I'm lonely.

You have internet friends, and those are good enough.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I am not here to give advice--I am only here to tell you that it is okay to be a failure.

So, in other words, is it OK to show my mummified chupacabra to others? I get this lonely feeling by looking at other people's faces when I show them my pride and joy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I store my boogers in glass jars.

Yes, but how do you organize them and what sort of shelving do you have?

Color range/date/ on clear red acrylic shelving w/ climate control.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

Where exactly does your existance come into play here?

The content and frequency of these such posts lead me to believe that your overly concerned status is actually a mirror of self-reflection toward these exact issues at hand.

Also what makes you a bastion of such advice/guidance? Have you been down or are you currently driving on this metaphorical road of self-doubt and high post count?

Please expand on that thought.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm starting to in the advanced stages of fearing that my online self is cooler than my real world self

And banning somebody is like corporal punishment. sentencing your online self to death?

no wait. its more like just banishment from a city or country. you are still alive and may flourish on in the internets.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Faux, you seem to be in a good mood. What's wrong?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    my mummified chupacabra
    dude, did that lady actually hang on to the corpse of the World's Ugliest Dog?!!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    my mummified chupacabra
    dude, did that lady actually hang on to the corpse of the World's Ugliest Dog?!!

See what I mean? I get this kind of reaction even with onlines people.

My chupacabra and me, that's all that matters. I can't change the world, but I can dream out my own little world to live in. I'll be fine. Goodbye Soulstrut.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

The content and frequency of these such posts lead me to believe that your overly concerned status is actually a mirror of self-reflection toward these exact issues at hand.

Also what makes you a bastion of such advice/guidance? Have you been down or are you currently driving on this metaphorical road of self-doubt and high post count?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    got the onlines goin' nuts.

Do you really not understand? Faux's online persona has developed so greatly that is has become its own free thinking entity, completely seperate from the real world. You need guidance to seperate yourself from the real world and fully embrace your new online world. Faux is not a man in a pink shirt. That is a fellow named D*niel. Faux-Rills, esq., is a digital entity, an aggravator. His consistent mockings and sidewise comments serve a greater purpose than you would realize.

You see, without confrontation or aggravation, your online self would only remain a shell, a mere shadowy representation of your real world self. Faux's prodding and antaganisms actually spur the growth of your online self. As you try to fight him or argue, he is actually making your online self stronger, dragging you in, deeper and further until your own online self has developed as completely as his has.

Its confusing, but luckily for us, he is right here to guide us. When he mocks kufi raps, he does not do it becuase he has any vested interest in the kufi raps, he does it because of your interest. He is our savior. Not because of his words, but because of the effect that his words have upon us.

• poppycock

If an mp3 is uploaded and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound???

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts