I want...naw NEED "PLACES AND SPACES" POSTER.

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited May 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
this shit does exist. I went to a homie's crib yeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrssssss ago and he had it on his wall. Ever since then I always check every dam copy of Donald Byrd's "Places and Spaces" to see if that poster is tucked in thur.who got it?

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    ?

Is it just the cover or is it something else?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    It's the cover, but blown up and its one of my favourite fucking albums. It makes me want to punch children and push old people.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    ah, you've reached "Little Dude" status I see...

yeah I've been checking for the poster since I found it existed a couple years ago and I've seen nathan...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Let's keep that on the hush....[/b]

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts

yeah I've been checking for the poster since I found it existed a couple years ago and I've seen nathan...

wonder how much those would go for on ebay ?

i do have betty davis they say i'm differetn with the fat space age poster inside. never seen that one before either.

dave

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

i do have betty davis they say i'm differetn with the fat space age poster inside. never seen that one before either.

dave

Academy Records out here just sold a copy of that record (with poster) for $60... while that's outrageous for the record itself I guess the poster was the selling point. We scoffed, but it ended up moving, soooo...

• ah, you've reached "Little Dude" status I see...

dave

Academy Records out here just sold a copy of that record (with poster) for $60... while that's outrageous for the record itself I guess the poster was the selling point. We scoffed, but it ended up moving, soooo...

I got a copy of the Isis record with a press kit and poster. Silver madness. I also have the Betty Davis w/ poster. I should hang that shit up.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I love the press kits and one sheets. I try to keep 'em if I can. I have a Freshco & Miz one sheet, a Rota one stop catalog, an old Cadet mailer (just an index card you send back to them to get a catalog, but it looks dope with the logo and everything), shit like that.

• dj_processdj_process 11 Posts
    I got a black and white 9th creation poster that has the same picture as the back cover and a Pretty Tone Capone one sheet that is actually his real rap sheet. What about that ads on all the CTI stuff that says you can send in for a poster of the album cover. There' probably a bunch of them chilling in New Jersey somewhere.

• I've got these 2 great promotional posters from Cannonball Adderley's "Soul Zodiac".. Capricorn and Aquarius, I think they are. There's one for each sign.. you guys ever seen these? I want ARIES.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    And the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge poster that comes with 'Electra Glide In Blue' is real nice too.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    And the huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge poster that comes with 'Electra Glide In Blue' is real nice too.
    yeah i had that one up in my room for a while. seemed kind of weird to have a poster of a cop sitting in the desert on my wall so i took it down.