First ever E-40/Mac Dre collabo (MP3 inside)

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
So, on the new Mac Dre and Mac Mall LP "Da U.S. Open" there's a song called "Dredio" that marks the first-ever collaboration between two of Vallejo's finest. And yes, there's a 12" of it:DredioBeing a sucker for electro, I am lovin' this shit. Bonus points to anyone who can name the song it's based on.Bonus bonus points to anyone who wants to mail me said record.

Comments

• catchdubscatchdubs 492 Posts
    b-sides record shop has it, allegedly. its not up on the site yet though.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    b-sides record shop has it, allegedly. its not up on the site yet though.

Yeah, they were supposed to get in 10 copies two weeks ago. I got mine at Amoeba, but they might be out.

The record I wanted someone to send me was the original electro record.

PS Plaese tell B-Sides that the Hogg sent you.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

Being a sucker for electro, I am lovin' this shit. Bonus points to anyone who can name the song it's based on.

Bonus bonus points to anyone who wants to mail me said record.
    damn loc' looks i may have mad points, i think i got doubles of said electro jawn,, but finding it nother story...
    lets jam, lets jam radioactive woowoo...

damn loc' looks i may have mad points, i think i got doubles of said electro jawn,, but finding it nother story...

ROYALCASH, 1983. We have a winner!

Now, plaese find your "unneeded extra copy."

• what year is this?

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

ROYALCASH, 1983. We have a winner!

Now, plaese find your "unneeded extra copy."

on it, while im at it i must find drewn his dorothy ashbeezzee...

member when lighter shade of brown did that shit too, lolol... classic

member? eeyou memmmber...

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    this shit is blazin. i would like a copy too.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    yup, probally one of my most favourite record purchases this week. Mr. Morse Code hipped me to it.

Plaese to mix that Devin the Dude track where they rap over "Kano".

what year is this?

The mp3 I posted is from 2005, though it clearly must've been recorded in 2004 or earlier since Mac Dre was killed last November.

THIZZ IN PEACE

• "Radioactive" was only like a HUGE hit.

Litytle duded.

MAc Dre and Houston Rap: The new trucker hat?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    haha, I just bought this on eBay on some Bay mix, doooooooooooooooope

• PS Plaese tell B-Sides that the Earl Stevens sent you.

"Radioactive" was only like a HUGE hit.

Litytle duded.

Ha! That's why you couldn't remember who did it, either?

Mac Dre in a[/b] trucker hat?

What the...?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

lets jam, lets jam radio LATIN active woowoo...

Haha...I just played that shit at the club last night. It's a crate staple of mine, sometimes following "Firme Hina."

In other words...

[color:green]MEXICAN[/color] [color:red]POWER!!![/color][/b]

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Ha! That's why you couldn't remember who did it, either?

Ah, but the funny part is I had played that record the week before at M**k and still spaced it that day in the snap and crack. But the good part is, I have the og west coast "rap" version of that sound to complete the LOOP. Yay! (urrea)

• You know, there's a decent chance those cats have probably chilled in Valley Springs more than a few times.

But the good part is, I have the og west coast "rap" version of that sound to complete the LOOP. Yay! (urrea)

Is that the MC Fosty something-or-whosit?

never mind....

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

never mind....

{As plans for Slump & Grind Vol. II get cancelled}

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

You know, there's a decent chance those cats have probably chilled in Valley Springs more than a few times.

Yeah, a lot of Vallejo folks come up here to chill at Lake Comanche. A large chunk of my extended family lives in Vallejo and that's usually where they go camping & recreatin'. I've never been to that event where all of rapper dudes roll through, but I think that's what you are referring to, right?

• never mind....

jee-Zuz.... ok yes it's Fosty!

sorry for yoking?

sorry for yoking?

Yoking a mally? I can't follow this Bay slang.

[Self-Bust]I didn't find out that "mayonnaise & mustard" refers to white walls again gold Daytons until today.[/Self-Bust]

• It's tough to get that candy paint to match that 'hot dog' hue but it's clean when done correctly.

Rey, I know they do some remote rap events like that but didn't know about one in Comanche. I just figured since Solano county is a close and straight shot from there it would be the easiest decent summer rec spot to hit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    on the whole e-40 reference thing, what the hell is carlos rossi? i know it's referring to some alcohol or something

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    on the whole e-40 reference thing, what the hell is carlos rossi? i know it's referring to some alcohol or something

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I've honestly never seen that before. Is it a Bay thing? I'll check for it the next time I go drinking because I drink any alcohol mentioned in a rap song.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I've honestly never seen that before. Is it a Bay thing? I'll check for it the next time I go drinking because I drink any alcohol mentioned in a rap song.

I have to suggest you do not do that.

Fine wines don't usually come in gallon jugs. Or boxes for that matter.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts