The Horror Of Horizontal Politics(NRR)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Since I joined a few months ago I've read many passionate political posts from people who obviously care about what's going on in the world.Being an old dude that has been involved with, and seen alot of shit in my time I thought I'd give y'all my take on the state of our country and it's politics. Be forwarned....it's depressing.The Republican Party has become a gang of sleazy self serving scumbags who only care about bringing "pork" to their constituants, lining their pockets with cash and re-election. They don't care about the future of our country or the world as a whole....Live for today and as the Hell's Angels like to say...FTWAnd they have a fool proof method to guarantee their success.On the other hand...The Democrat Party has become a gang of sleazy self serving scumbags who only care about bringing "pork" to their constituants, lining their pockets with cash and re-election. They don't care about the future of our country or the world as a whole....Live for today and as the Hell's Angels like to say...FTWAnd they have the same fool proof method to guarantee their success.It's called Horizontal Politics....and it's pretty simple.As long as both of these parties can maintain a line drawn in the sand with all the citizens on either side of the line pointing HORIZONTALLY at each other, these Charlatans can keep screwing us. Democrats blaming Republicans and vice versa with morons like Rush Limbaugh, Al Franken, Bill O'Reilly, Alan Colmes, etc. being the head "Cheerleaders"....and it's all a big deception.One day Bill Clinton gives his cheerleaders a sound bite about how the Bush boys screwed up in Iraq and the next day he's posing with his arms around Satan and his son. Both sides of this equation are laughing their asses off at US all the way to the bank and into the History Books.AND EVERY SINGLE POLITICIAN IN OFFICE THINKS THAT VOTERS ARE IDIOTS WHO CAN BE EASILY MANIPULATED.......AND THEY ARE RIGHT!!!!.America has become just like every other out of control country....One evil self serving leader is replaced by another self serving idiot...they just wear different uniforms. And by the time they reach the top, they owe so many special interest groups that it's impossible for them to do what's best for the people as a whole.There is only one solution but it may be too little too late. And quite frankly, as long as the majority of the people have a job, a roof over their head and an IPOD, they are not going to be motivated to do what's needed to make real changes.The only answer is VERTICAL politics.....instead of spending all your time pointing at the other side, blaming one of the two scumbag gangs, point upwards towards the political leaders who have created this mess ON BOTH SIDES. It has to start on a local level and grow.....but again, it may be too late.But folks who spend their time quoting Dems or Reps to show their hypocrasy or blame them for the problems of the day are nothing more than pawns of THEIR game.Remember that Eddie Murphy SNL skit about what happens when the last black person gets off the bus??? That's what ALL politicians are doing to the people of America. I'm a victim just like the rest of us, but at least I realize I'm being fucked!!Thanks for your time,Rich

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    some folks say that votes for independants are wasted because they'll never win - do you agree with this?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Yeah....at this point it's a wasted vote because the two "major" parties control enough money and manipulate enough people with meaningless issues like Gay Marriage, Abortion, etc. that a third party doesn't really stand a chance on a NATIONAL level.

On a local level voting for independents makes more sense....Minnesota proved that some years back with their Governor......and as soon as Jesse Ventura won that election, BOTH parties started to shake in fear as it was their worst nightmare....FREE THINKING VOTERS!!!!!!!!

But voting for the current Dems and Reps is like choosing to be shot in the heart or in the head...same results.

Rich

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Yeah....at this point it's a wasted vote because the two "major" parties control enough money and manipulate enough people with meaningless issues like Gay Marriage, Abortion, etc. that a third party doesn't really stand a chance on a NATIONAL level.

On a local level voting for independents makes more sense....Minnesota proved that some years back with their Governor......and as soon as Jesse Ventura won that election, BOTH parties started to shake in fear as it was their worst nightmare....FREE THINKING VOTERS!!!!!!!!

But voting for the current Dems and Reps is like choosing to be shot in the heart or in the head...same results.

Rich

i dont know if id call gay marrige and abortion "meaningless issues", but in the case of gay marrige at least i dont think its anything politicians should get to have a say in.

but i get your general point. SHit sucks.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Allow me to clarify...

One of the reasons we're fucked is that there are a majority of people who vote strictly on a singular issue like Abortion and/or Gay Marriage which in the big picture today are pretty meaningless....and the politicians play these issues up to hyp-no-tize the sheeple