The best thing at the Chelsea flea...

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
was a three dollar pork tamale. No, no records today. Is it too cold out, where were the dealers? Is it better to go on a Sunday? Did you guys all get there before me? I did see a stuffed bob-cat, and a stuffed duck but they were $50 each. I thought about Danno and the ebay monkey Jlo is so obsessed with, then I left. Anyone come-up?

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Dude! You passed on a bobcat!!?! That's serious taxidermy raer, surpassed only by the lynx and fake mythical constructions like the manticore and chimera. Please go back and buy me the bobcat. Skip the duck; ducks are dollarbin stuffed animals.

• manticore

• well, I'm not 100% positive it was a bobcat because it wasn't spotted, but it was a small, wild cat in an action pose on top of a log. I don't really know taxidermy raer!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    well, I'm not 100% positive it was a bobcat because it wasn't spotted, but it was a small, wild cat in an action pose on top of a log. I don't really know taxidermy raer!

bobcats are more or less equivalent to lee morgan candy in the world of taxidermy.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

bobcats are more or less equivalent to lee morgan candy in the world of taxidermy.

new location.

• bobcats are more or less equivalent to lee morgan candy in the world of taxidermy.

Actually I question the veracity of this statement. Wouldn't a stuffed hippo be more equivalent to Lee Morgan Candy? A bobcat would be more like an early Donald Byrd LP.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

Actually I question the veracity of this statement. Wouldn't a stuffed hippo be more equivalent to Lee Morgan Candy? A bobcat would be more like an early Donald Byrd LP.

Don't you ruin my new fucking location!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    you guys are a bunch of freaks.

both of you have weirdo avatars with animals in "compromising positions".

Dan's look to be dead.

And I've already commented on Pointman's on previous occasions.

i'm outta here.

"Houston soon, monsieur pointman."

• I am such a little dude in the taxidermy world, I mean I don't even have any mallards. What if I go back and its not a bobcat, that'll be like buying a Lee Morgan only to find a Whitney Houston inside.

• I just want to state for the record that I don't condone stuffing of any animals.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I am such a little dude in the taxidermy world, I mean I don't even have any mallards. What if I go back and its not a bobcat, that'll be like buying a Lee Morgan only to find a Whitney Houston inside.

was that on a pepsi commercial? i got it, first it's lee morgan, then it turns into whitney houston, and then it turns into the entire Osbourne family.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I just want to state for the record that I don't condone stuffing of any animals.

not even turkey?

nutria?

• was that on a pepsi commercial? i got it, first it's lee morgan, then it turns into whitney houston, and then it turns into the entire Osbourne family.

word, but this is the wild cat taxidermy remix

• So there weren't any VU acetates today?

Daniel's quite right; a hippo is more of a lee morgan than a bobcat. If you really want to talk holy grail taxidermy raer, you need to locate either a giraffe, a lemur, or a manatee. Narwhale's are also up there, particularly with tusk attached.

I'll trade serious heat for any of the above. I do condone the stuffing of animals, alive or dead or somewhere in between the two.

• I just want to state for the record that I am all about stuffed pork tamales.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    So there weren't any VU acetates today?

lol

y'all so fancy

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I went there I think with Rape Donks and British Mike was there..was that Chelsea? I don't know NYC.

Dudes I came up today, more later

-M

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    No records today at the San Telmo fleamarket, still not a bad morning:

Detachable head, squirrel decanter, b*tches!!!!!! A refined accesory for my already refined living room.

Detachable head, squirrel decanter, b*tches!!!!!! A refined accesory for my already refined living room.

Genius.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Genius.

You guys realy do collect Taxidermy raer huh? Damn, thats some shit.

• You guys realy do collect Taxidermy raer huh? Damn, thats some creepy[/b] shit.