Ever Put A Record Up For Bid And Regret It?

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I pretty much always do. I'm like, damn, I need this. It's business though. Gotta stay disciplined. Don't get high on my own supply. I'm vibin out to the Ghost Dog score (not soundtrack) that I found to sell and I'm liking it. Especially the disjointed shit. Now I wonder if I should pull the auction. I do this at least once a week with an item. it's like playing video games in the arcade. I'm tossing my quarters down the tube.

I guess I'm a art fag.

Comments

• I guess I could raise the price so no one will bid. that's what I'll do. Maybe I can put it with my $400 Huey P. Newton book. Every store needs some overpriced shit to hang on the wall. And you never know, one day some rich fucker may pay that price.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Yup, whenever I find anything worth over a hundred I sell it. As a medium dude I'd rather have 3 or 4 50 dollar records than one 200 dollar piece. I just burn or tape said raer so I still have the music and than track down other stuff off the wantlist.

• Yup, whenever I find anything worth over a hundred I sell it. As a medium dude I'd rather have 3 or 4 50 dollar records than one 200 dollar piece. I just burn or tape said raer so I still have the music and than track down other stuff off the wantlist.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I pretty much always do. I'm like, damn, I need this. It's business though. Gotta stay disciplined. Don't get high on my own supply. I'm vibin out to the Ghost Dog score (not soundtrack) that I found to sell and I'm liking it. Especially the disjointed shit. Now I wonder if I should pull the auction. I do this at least once a week with an item. it's like playing video games in the arcade. I'm tossing my quarters down the tube.

I guess I'm a art fag.

woah, is this going for bucks these days?? I always assumed the vinyl was a boot of the Japanese CD release, which was also kinda pricy ($30 - $50, New). Whatever, it's a beautiful score, bootleg or not I was thrilled to get it on vinyl. Can't you pull the auction if there are no bids?? I say pull it and enjoy.

• It's all speculation from a lil dude, me, but in my short life as a seller, random, rarer, hip-hop seems to bring me the most money.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    It is a bootleg of the CD

TTL has it sometimes but its out of stock now

If you like it that much than keep it dude

• Nope. I've never regretted selling my copy of the ESG EP with "UFO" on it. Never. Nope. Not me.

• It is a bootleg of the CD

TTL has it sometimes but its out of stock now

If you like it that much than keep it dude

I don't like it THAT much. Just using it as an example to animate. I was speaking more on my fanatical hoarding tendencies. For me, music is about sound, not object, but it's tough to remind myself that. Thanks for the info on it the record anyway.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I'm like, damn, I need this.

if it's hittin you like that, then keep it.

the gauge we use around here is: if we're likely to never see the piece again (or at least not for a hot minute,) off to the crates it goes. it's easier to find 10 50$ pieces than 1 500$ piece. hold tight and cash in later.

otherwise sell! sell! sell!

• i've sold a decent amount of records and i only regret getting rid of one.

• i've sold a decent amount of records and i only regret getting rid of one.

Care to share???

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The way I rationalize getting rid of vinyl is that I have a "revolving record collection" ....sorta like a museum that changes it's exhibits....and instead of putting it in the museum basement where no one can enjoy it I pass it on to the next curator.....and I always feel that I'll find it again....after all, for me it's all about the digging.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    The way I rationalize getting rid of vinyl is that I have a "revolving record collection" ....sorta like a museum that changes it's exhibits....and instead of putting it in the museum basement where no one can enjoy it I pass it on to the next curator.....and I always feel that I'll find it again....after all, for me it's all about the digging.

catch and release...if you deal at all, that's just a fact of life.

But if you dig it, keep it til you don't care. Unless you need the bread.

Aren't you glad I don't give advice often?

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    I say pull it and enjoy.

• yes. fernando gelbhard "didi". peace, stein. . .

• i always feel a pang of regret right when i post it on ebay if it's a record i really dig...but it's amazing how quickly that goes away once you get paid and you record it before shipping it out.

and i really enjoy the hunt more than the hoarding.

• i always feel a pang of regret right when i post it on ebay if it's a record i really dig...but it's amazing how quickly that goes away once you get paid and you record it before shipping it out.

and i really enjoy the hunt more than the hoarding.

Can very often be true but man oh man how i miss my og copy of Melvin Moore "all of a sudden" on Sky Hero also i wish i hadn't sold my Jan Jones on Day-Wood but hey! Sometimes stuff has to go..

/L

• hmmm, folks have been telling me that ebay slows down during the summer & xmas holiday season just cause the amount of students who are home for vacation dont have ample internet access. dont know how true this is or just how large the college student ebay consumer demographic is but it sorta makes sense. if thats any consolation, i say pull the auction and practice ghost dog moves w/ real world pigeons.

-rich