FUCK! I left my ATM card in the machine tonight!!!

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
just realized I left my ATM card in the ATM machine earlier tonight when I got some money it out. I know its too late to go back now to look for it. So what do I do? just go to the bank in the a.m. and cancel that bitch hoping I get lucky and no one has fucked used it all up already? Anyone been in a similar situation? Just what I needed to remember(and worry about), right before i hit the sack and try to get some sleep.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Call the bank now. Almost all banks have hotlines for these situations, you just gotta look up the number online or in the book.

• just realized I left my ATM card in the ATM machine earlier tonight when I got some money it out. I know its too late to go back now to look for it. So what do I do? just go to the bank in the a.m. and cancel that bitch hoping I get lucky and no one has fucked used it all up already? Anyone been in a similar situation? Just what I needed to remember(and worry about), right before i hit the sack and try to get some sleep.

The ATM sucks it back in after about a minute and they have to issue you a new one. You can't get it back.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    So what do I do?

this has happened to manny manny
    they are smart, those banks

the machines actually usually swallow (no ayo) your card into the machine itself

these cards are then held at the appropriate bank branch, if it is a bank-connected machine

thus,

just go to the bank in the a.m.

if it was not a bank-connected machine, you should contact the atm company and or apply for a new card

not having an atm card though is suxors, so get some cash while the bank is open

hope it works out, I've had to apply for a new atm card a few times because I lost mine or thought I lost it, ugh.

never again,
    M

• i did the same, then i went to london. i went to buy a record case, looked in my wallet, and no ATM card....doh!! thank god i had some pound notes

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    yes: my ATM sucked my card back in to its mechanical netherworld. depending on the type of ATM it is, many of those machines suck the card back in if it hasn't been taken out in a certain amount of time.

If you want real peace of mind, call the bank & cancel the card.

• if you can handle the stress, wait and call the bank as soon as it opens...

like it was said before, if its one of your bank's ATMs they will hold it for you...if it's a different branch they have to chop it...

this happened to me. ATM ate my card one day and i went inside to ask for it back right after and despite my protests they cut that shit right in front of my face.

the process to get a new card is not the most convenient so, personally, id wait and call the bank to see if they have it before cancelling

• flunkflunk 230 Posts
    ..........in the ATM machine