Roger Troutman non-Zapp productions

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I'm digging dudes sidework so far I've seen him as the producer on 3 albums:Dick Smith[/b] "Inital Thrust"New Horizons[/b] "Something New"Sugafoot[/b] "???" (I still need to find a copy for myself)anybody got any other recomendations from the voicebox dude?

Comments

• vontel-vision of a dream (uber raer rap cd/vinyl..notable only for the fact that troutman appears on a couple of cuts)

sugafoot is great...seek it out.i need to mint up. my copy has a "bite" on the outer edge. would be curious to hear other suggestions.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    surprised you don't have SHIRLEY MURDOCH's record yet Guzzo, it must've been popular cuz I see it fairly regularly... couple nice cuts on there...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    surprised you don't have SHIRLEY MURDOCH's record yet Guzzo, it must've been popular cuz I see it fairly regularly... couple nice cuts on there...

which shirley Murdoch? I might have it and prolly don't even know it

also there's the 80s Human Body LP but the single I heard off it was ass...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Doh!

I can't tell oyu haow many times I've passed that record up without listening to it or looking at the credits...

NEVER AGAIN!

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Bobby Glover - "Bad Bobby Glover" (Columbia, 1984?)

I copped the reissue and didn't really like it much except for the single from it entitled "Happy" which is an excellent mid-tempo groover (NICE ONE!). Nevertheless, it seems that the OG is quite RAER and popular among collectros.

I'll have to get that Shirley Murdock the next time I'm diggin'. Seem to see a lot of those around here.

SG

• Big Bad Bobby Glover

• I saw a 12" by Bobby Glover today can't remember the title.. any 12's by him worth picking up?

• The bobby glover is getting much praise at http://www.funkjazzsoul.net/glover.htm
    I'm getting my own copy next week actually, so i'm looking forward to checkin it.

I think he overpriced it because it's his favourite record or something. It's more like a ??20-25 if in perfect shape.

How is the Dick Smith btw? I know I have it in the collection but it's long time since I listened to it. And I guess I didn't listen much to it back then since I can't remember how it is.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

How is the Dick Smith btw?

ehh. he does mostly covers and they're aiight. in no way zapp-ified.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

SUN

First lp features Roger and Lester help w/ production.The single45 above has the TALKBOX.

SUN's first joint is called LIVE ON DREAM ON. Then re-released by Capitol under the title WANNA MAKE LOVE.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• "

also there's the 80s Human Body LP but the single I heard off it was ass..."

you may be right, i've had about 10 copies of that thing and only listened to it once. every copy i have sold on ebay finds it's way to SAO PAOLO. what is up with that?? any brazilian strutters care to shed a light?

bad bobby gloverf is a pretty good record. not the shit, but if you are a boogie fan not something to pass on. og copies sell for like $40.