anybody heard of the ....

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
the "EVOLUTION"LABEL? FOUND A EMPTY SLEEVE OF A GROUP CALLED "LIGHTHOUSE"FOUND KRAFTWERK-AUTOBAN-.99 YESTERDAYA SEALED CHUBB ROCK - TREAT'EM RIGHT

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Evolution label is often wack. Don't lose sleep over it.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    the "EVOLUTION"LABEL? FOUND A EMPTY SLEEVE OF A GROUP CALLED "LIGHTHOUSE"

Lighthouse was the label's biggest act, a horn-rock group in the Blood,Sweat & Tears/Chicago mode. But there's no special mystique about Evolution Records (for me, anyway); that was just another label out to make a buck.

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    fuckit put it in the sp just hear what can be made of it,thanx for info yo.

• Options
    It's a Canadian label as was Lighthouse a Canadian band. "One Fine Morning" still gets the reps on AM radio and the local rock station, Q107.

K.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Lighthouse does pretty much suck. The covers make you think they might be cool, but they aren't.

However there's an LP by a group called Game that's pretty good.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Hot Rocks soundtrack came out on that label. Still not unpacked so I may be wrong on that one.

I also found a soul release on that label but I'm totally blanking........

One of those labels that's worth giving a listen if you stumble onto something at a place with a listening station. But as The Non said don't loose sleep. And as I will say don't put too much effort into trying to track that stuff down. Most importantly don't pay much at all.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Beast on Evolution is pretty good.

• However there's an LP by a group called Game

the black led zeppelin?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I also found a soul release on that label but I'm totally blanking........

I think I know what you mean. I forget the title/artist, but I do recall liner notes by Moms Mabley and an unflattering, out-of-focus cover shot of a black man (the artist) absentmindedly staring into space. I've seen that around a few times, but passed on it - the song titles looked kinda loungey.

(Now that I think about it...didn't Motown 67 talk about this on his record reviews page?)

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Lighthouse was kind of dope for few cuts (Love of a Woman, there is one break I can think of on the label (I forget who it is though..........Rainmaker cover maybe? I'll Look it up)

http://www.dorotheajoyce.com/

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    nanette natal is my girl.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Ah, never mind, Richard Sarstedt - Time, Love, Hope, Life - just some nice open drums.