Anyone know a lot about Sex Pistols records?

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I just got a 12" of Anarchy in the UK with the all black sleeve for a couple bucks. One of those, "hmmmm... I thought I remember this being raer..." type things. I was looking up info on it, but there are so many variations on their shit - diff countries, 7", 12", etc... it's like fucking Beatles records.Is this anything?

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Is this anything?

Besides PUNK AS FUCK!?!?!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Is this anything?

Besides PUNK AS FUCK!?!?!

of course. I meant from a "collectro standpoint" (sorry)

I love the Pistols!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    hmm, not sure. All I know about Sex Pistols records is that this cover
    is way better than this cover .

• i'm pretty sure the 7" is the one to have, man.

i'm pretty sure the 7" is the one to have, man.

thanks, that's what I was wondering.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    The only true collector's piece from the Sex Pistols is the UK A&M issue of 'God Save The Queen', which was in the stores for about 1 day before it was withdrawn and the group booted from the label. Routinely goes for around 1000 UK pounds.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The only true collector's piece from the Sex Pistols is the UK A&M issue of 'God Save The Queen', which was in the stores for about 1 day before it was withdrawn and the group booted from the label. Routinely goes for around 1000 UK pounds.

Right. There are 3 different labels that released the "Anarchy" single (not counting several 80s, 90s, & 00s reissues, boots and, uh, 25th anniversery commemoratives) - EMI, A&M, and Virgin (later, with the LP). I'm guessing that yours is on Virgin.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    the 7" is the one to have, man.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Yeah, but then he's missing out on "Bodies," one of the best rising rockish choruses I've ever heard.

yeah, this is the Virgin press.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Ummm...I think you guys are FORGETTING SOMETHING...

edit: and just to prove it ain't a typo, here's the relist with the b-i-n:

DON'T RISK THE BIDDING GOING HIGHER THAN THE BUY IT NOW!!! STRIKE QUICKLY!!!

• If it's UK and on Virgin, it's probably not rare. There are plenty of $ Pistols records...foreign (non-US/UK) sleeves are pretty scarce. The EMI press of the 45 is wanted...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I don't know much about their records beside they suck.

You can do better than that. Effort, man.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Yeah, but then he's missing out on "Bodies," one of the best rising rockish choruses I've ever heard.

its also one of the few antiabortion songs in my collection

• I don't know much about their records beside they suck.

You can do better than that. Effort, man.

agreed. just a small amount is required.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I just got a 12" of Anarchy in the UK with the all black sleeve for a couple bucks. One of those, "hmmmm... I thought I remember this being raer..." type things. I was looking up info on it, but there are so many variations on their shit - diff countries, 7", 12", etc... it's like fucking Beatles records.

Is this anything?

with No Fun as the b-side? i got this, it's actually a later pressing, from after the band broke up... worth maybe 5-10 bucks...