"The Prime Element" - Carlos Franzetti related

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
So I came across this record where Franzetti is the main composer, arranger and piano player. Can't find any info on this. This is an argentinian pressing on the Trova label. It was recorded in New York, in 1979 I think. Anyone have the US release of this? Gracias.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    jorge, I just found a record called "Piero con Jorge Lopez Ruiz & Orchestra". Problem is Piero's last name is nowhere to be found. Like Madonna, he seems to have had single name recognition. Pink record with the word Piero all over it. I like it though. I suppose it's what some would call "moody loops", but the arrangements are pretty amazing.

Can you shed some light on this mystery PIERO???

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Piero, some sort of local folky singer/songwriter. Deeply into the "peace & love" thing. Like you see in the pic above, his back up band was called "Prema".

JLR did a lot of arrangements like that in the 70's, I guess jazz didn't do much for him back then.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Could be raer... his Guinness LP may be one of the most sought-after on the label but I couldn't stand it... recently got a Cellophane 12" on Salsoul with his name on it that was alright though...

Elusive character... I really don't know anything about him, his name only pops up on a few late 70s records as far as I can tell...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    More on Piero: shit, all my life I've been wrong, he was born in Italy. Full name: Piero De Benedectis. Discography:

Piero, 1969
    Coplas de mi pa??s, 1972
    Cancionero de la liberaci??n, 1973
    Para el pueblo lo que es del pueblo, 1973
    Folklore a mi manera, 1974
    Recuerdos, 1981
    Calor humano, 1981
    Canto a la ternura, 1982
    Un hombre com??n, 1983
    Qu?? generosa sos, mi tierra, 1984
    Primeras grabaciones, 1984
    El regalao, 1985
    Las galaxias no miran, 1986
    A pesar de los pesares, 1989
    Mi viejo, 1989

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Could be raer... his Guinness LP may be one of the most sought-after on the label but I couldn't stand it... recently got a Cellophane 12" on Salsoul with his name on it that was alright though...

Elusive character... I really don't know anything about him, his name only pops up on a few late 70s records as far as I can tell...

Well, I know he is argentinian and that he moved to New York in the 70's. He played with Paquito, Ray Barretto, etc. Under his own name, I have:

-"Galaxy dust" on Verve
    - "Prometheus" on Audiophile Records.
    - "Grafitti" on Guiness
    - and one more I can't remember.

Also know that he was making soundtracks in the 80's and 90's.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    - "Grafitti" on Guiness

SELL IT

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    thanks!