"i paid $900 for a hank ballard record...

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
...that i am never going to open and listen to!"http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=523267&mesg_id=523267&page=2#525056reynaldo you're getting beat at your own game.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    aaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

dude, Okayplayer megathreads scare the fuk outta me

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Well, does ?uestlove have a copy of the Biggest Breasted Soul Diva EVER Private LP?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i just briefly looked through that thread and didnt understand a single fucking thing that was going on over there. is that board massively confusing to anyone besides me?

• Well, does ?uestlove have a copy of the Biggest Breasted Soul Diva EVER Private LP?

that cover is a terd.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    is that board massively confusing to anyone besides me?

nope....i tried to fuck wit it a few times..but those threads give me a headache

Well, does ?uestlove have a copy of the Biggest Breasted Soul Diva EVER Private LP?

i have one for sell if you need one, ?Love.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

reynaldo bidding on a beardedD turd record is totally

that BOARD is a terd.

that BOARD is a terd.

that BOARD is a terd.

that BOARD is a terd.

that BOARD is a terd.

that BOARD is a terd.

that BOARD is a terd.

that BOARD is a terd.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

I will trade these for some records...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    ...that i am never going to open and listen to!"

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=523267&mesg_id=523267&page=2#525056

reynaldo you're getting beat at your own game.

Where is this written on that board? All I saw was stuff about some dilla guy.

some random dood posted it, do a search for "hank ballard"

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Cool. BTW, Those wolverine issues are dope.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    He also says he's heard and/or knows 'just about' every beatmaker in history and that Frank Zappa is a genius

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

"15" = Questlove alias.

Cool. BTW, Those wolverine issues are dope.

"15" = Questlove alias.

ah, I am not versed in the terdplayer.com board aliases

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    ...that i am never going to open and listen to!"

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I can't take that board and have no clue what this thread is about.

Dilla? Ballard? HANGING TETTAS?

I no know.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    seriously, whoever designed the interface for that board was on some other shit

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    as i'm a charter member at okayplayer, allow me to break it down:

- jay dee is a more influential producer than timbaland.

- the importance and skill level of "dilla" is on par with frank zappa, dr. dre and perhaps john coltrane

- if you're not a true crate digger you will be unable to recognize this.

- questlove's love of music is measured by how much he (over)pays for records he has no plans on listening to.

- D'Angelo's Voodoo "changed the landscape of black music"

- "dilla" made pause tapes in a hospital bed once.

- something about elvis.

- quest is by no means trying to "convert you to the religon of dilla", he's merely letting you know that if you don't like dilla you are less than a true music fan and he's totally not gonna sign your t-shirt at the next smokin grooves tour.

- the importance and skill level of "dilla" is on par with frank zappa, dr. dre and perhaps john coltrane
    - questlove's love of music is measured by how much he (over)pays for records he has no plans on listening to.
    - something about elvis.
    - quest is by no means trying to "convert you to the religon of dilla", he's merely letting you know that if you don't like dilla you are less than a true music fan and he's totally not gonna sign your t-shirt at the next smokin grooves tour.

There is currently a really hot thread over there decrying Scratch magazine's failure to put "Dilla" on its cover.

Honestly, I think most of those herbs find Jaydee's production as boring as I do, but they jock him in hopes that it will make ?uest take a personal interest in them. Pathetic.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

i'd love to hear his explaination for this....i think Quest has had one too many hot oil treatments and that shit is starting to penetrate his scalp

• as i'm a charter member at okayplayer, allow me to break it down:

- jay dee Heatmakerz are more influential producers than timbaland.
    - the importance and skill level of "dilla" D4L is on par with frank zappa, dr. dre and perhaps john coltrane
    - if you're not a true crate digger real head that knowz the deal you will be unable to recognize this.
    - questlove's Reynaldo's love of music is measured by how much he (over)pays for records he has no plans on listening to.
    - D'Angelo Serato "changed the landscape of black music"
    - something about "sabadabba".
    - Questlove Noz is by no means trying to "convert you to the religon of dilla Lil Wayne, he's merely letting you know that if you don't like dilla The Carter II you are less than a true music fan and he's totally not gonna sign your t-shirt at the next smokin grooves tour leav a comment on your blog.

how is this any different from what we talk about on this board?

• as i'm a charter member at okayplayer, allow me to break it down:

- something about elvis.

There is currently a really hot thread over there decrying Scratch magazine's failure to put "Dilla" on its cover.

Honestly, I think most of those herbs find Jaydee's production as boring as I do, but they jock him in hopes that it will make ?uest take a personal interest in them. Pathetic.

The only thing worse are the little dudes trying to get interest from other little dudes on this board.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

- the importance and skill level of "dilla" D4L is on par with frank zappa, dr. dre and perhaps john coltrane
    - if you're not a true crate digger real head that knowz the deal you will be unable to recognize this.
    - questlove's Reynaldo's love of music is measured by how much he (over)pays for records he has no plans on listening to.
    - Questlove Noz is by no means trying to "convert you to the religon of dilla Lil Wayne, he's merely letting you know that if you don't like dilla The Carter II you are less than a true music fan and he's totally not gonna sign your t-shirt at the next smokin grooves tour leav a comment on your blog.

Game, set, match.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

They seem to make fewer homo-erotic references.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

genius.[/b]

- something about elvis.

The only thing worse are the little dudes trying to get interest from other little dudes on this board.

You mean like dudes starting threads about how I'm Sayin' Though is mixtape of the year?

Game, set, match.

not really

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yall MUFUCKAHS ARE Talkin about not understanding a POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HahHAhahaaa!!!

do i need to search out some nonsense in-joke turkeyjerky posts that 8ight people "get."

i heart SS.