top 5ers

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
it's been a minute since we did one of these and i'm looking for diversions from school work, so...Amerikkka's Most Wanted1. PLAYOFF BASKETBALL!! Sixers killing it last night, plus today i got that luxury suite Wiz hook up. Free beer, free hot wings, yes please! the homie A HREF="http://www.christopherporter.com/2005/03/washington-city-paper-march-11-2005.html" target="new">etan/A> completely tore shit up. (when can i buy his jersey instead of weak ass blake & dixon? - they're not my hometown heroes) here's to pulling off the same deal when they inevitably come back for game 62. A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4721849635&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW" target="new">hey... i have that record/A>' moments3. k-bob's4. my girl (terry is that A HREF="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=323189&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1" target="new">etymology allowed/A>?)5. More ebay madness: A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4724643644" target="new">this/A> should help fuel my hipster chic interest in cassette tapes for a little longerMalibu's Most Wanted1. end of my four year relationship with college radio. it's been fun2. this psych paper i need to write to graduate is terrible horrible no good very bad. plus the internet is a big distraction. and a mid day buzz (see free beer above) will also kill your momentum. 3. moving is shaping up to be a bitch, and i'm going to miss this city and papers going to be thin what with all the joblessness.4. return of family guy and the even less funny american dad being A HREF="http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-et-arrested29apr29,0,1880754.story?coll=cl-home-top-blurb-right" target="new">semi responsible/A> for Arrested Development's semi-demise. I mean, this season wasn't quite as well put together as the last but it was still infinitely better than everything else on the tv. 5. season finale of wonder showzen taking a very very long time to download. has this show generated enough buzz to get itself on regular cable for those of us digital cable-less to enjoy it?

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Arrested Development is by far the funniest thing on Network TV IMO. But not many people really knew about it. Or watched it.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

4. return of family guy and the even less funny american dad being A HREF="http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-et-arrested29apr29,0,1880754.story?coll=cl-home-top-blurb-right" target="new">semi responsible/A> for Arrested Development's semi-demise. I mean, this season wasn't quite as well put together as the last but it was still infinitely better than everything else on the tv.

You wanted to know what I think is funny - there you have it

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    You wanted to know what I think is funny - there you have it

i should amend my chart to mention squashing two beefs in one day.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    no love? these threads used to blow the fuck up...

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

4. my girl (terry is that A HREF="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=323189&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1" target="new">etymology allowed/A>?)

Did you know her when she was at Georgetown? Some girl who graduated from Georgetown mistook me for her in New York (although I am less well-endowed, and I imagine, shorter).

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Did you know her when she was at Georgetown?

i wish. us gwu folls don't mingle with the georgetowners that much.

i think gwu students have less potential and more cocaine.

i also think she was there a few years before my time in the area..

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    more cocaine

Really?! I must have led a sheltered existence in college; cocaine was strictly limited to the members of SAE and Pi Beta Phi. The colored folk on campus didn't really fuck with it too much, nor did they really drink (pretty much straight-forward herb smoking).

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Really?! I must have led a sheltered existence in college; cocaine was strictly limited to the members of SAE and Pi Beta Phi. The colored folk on campus didn't really fuck with it too much, nor did they really drink (pretty much straight-forward herb smoking).

it's pretty big amongst the female population especially. out of the small handful of girls that i've been close enough with to know whether or not they've had serious coke issues, every one of them have had a coke issue. but maybe i'm just surrounding myself with the wrong people.

and yeah, in my experience mostly white people are fucking with the white lines. although it is huge amongst a certain sect of the indians (american born/raised ones mainly).

i don't touch it though.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

4. my girl (terry is that A HREF="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=323189&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1" target="new">etymology allowed/A>?)

Did you know her when she was at Georgetown? Some girl who graduated from Georgetown mistook me for her in New York (although I am less well-endowed, and I imagine, shorter).

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    lemonade

1) this book and the stuff you can make from it

2) Sanpellegrino Aranciata has dethroned Orangina
    3) I can't stop talking about this film

4) My girl crush on comedian Amy Sedaris

5) Constantine aka Disney Jim Morrison finally got voted off
    6) successfully thwarted the baby beer belly from materializing by actually exercising for a change.

lemons

1) i am grinding my teeth in my sleep again
    2) i wish the best pho restaurants in this city stayed open past 7pm

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

3) I can't stop talking about this film
    This movie was the coolest things I've seen in quite a while. I talked it up a while back, not here... but another message board. No one cared.

I feel validated.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here come the 5ers:

Sidney Moncrief:

1. I just got a paper accepted for publication in a top journal in my field.

2. John Ruiz finally got his ass kicked thoroughly on Saturday night (by James Toney).

3. I'm almost done with my end-of-semester grading.

4. I got a great annual performance review at work.

5. I've lost 20 pounds (Jeeeeeaah!!!!!!).

Sidney Wicks:

1. Over a month ago, I sent new submission paper to some experts to review before sending it to a journal, and they're taking forever to send comments on it (slowin' my roll).

2. Playin' Mr. Nice Guy, I volunteered to participate in our college commencement (booooooooring!!!).

3. I'm generally tired, I need a vacation.

4. Philly looks like they'll be goin' fishin' with Kenny Smith soon.

5. I got yet another paper dropped in my lap to write today (on top of an ever-growing pile; busy-summer related).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts

1. I just got a paper accepted for publication in a top journal in my field.

congrats. can we get an abstrac? (just curious)

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Charlie Brown
    1. DJing again after a long break
    2. Vacation in Maine and New Hampshire, vewwy wewaxing....Many wobsters...
    3. The Office on DVD
    4. Blogging
    5. Complete Charley Patton 1929-1934

Charlie Manson
    1. My knees are killing me
    2. Bill Frist, Tom Delay etc
    3. Work
    4. Not enough time to sleep
    5. All of the above

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    5. grey gardens DVD: These chicks are crazy!

4. Spoon "The new Fiction": ROOLZ!

3. The return of Grand Puba-lah!

2. Beanie Siegel...who knew?

1. Jeff Van Gundy: still bitter

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    5. grey gardens DVD: These chicks are crazy!

No Shit!

I'd say the handyman is a bit twisted, too - can you imagine sleeping with that woman? What would the after-sex talk be like?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Throw it up[/b]
    1. Good people in my life [/b] - is there anything really better in life than this? Some of these folks are on this site and you know who you are, I want to thank you for just being real.
    2. Coachella[/b] Only went for one day but damn it was nice. Didn't go to see any band and I think that mindset made it easier to enjoy the whole day
    3. New Internship[/b] So after some serious bad luck in hollywood I've decided to start over from scratch.?got a position with ABC now and hopefully this leads to something nice after I (finally) get that BA
    4. Listening to Good Music?[/b] - seriously one the simple but deep pleasures of life. BTW I now understand all the dollar bin hype behind Hall & Oates "Abandoned Luncheonette"
    5. Secret comedy TV shit[/b] -making halfsteps in La-La land for y'alls future enojyment (soon y'll will know what I'm talking about)

Throwing up[/b]
    1. Car just went into the shop[/b] no less than an hour ago, and now theysay they need to work on through the day.
    2. School[/b] - haven't been as good a student this semester as I shoulda been, now at the end of the semester I gotta work double time to stay up
    3. Girl drama[/b] this shit is always some bottom 5 type shit. The great thing it ain't bothering me too much and I actually catch myself laughing about it sometimes.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Throw it up[/b]

1. Good people in my life [/b] - is there anything really better in life than this? Some of these folks are on this site and you know who you are, I want to thank you for just being real.

2. Coachella[/b] Only went for one day but damn it was nice. Didn't go to see any band and I think that mindset made it easier to enjoy the whole day

3. New Internship[/b] So after some serious bad luck in hollywood I've decided to start over from scratch.?got a position with ABC now and hopefully this leads to something nice after I (finally) get that BA

4. Listening to Good Music?[/b] - seriously one the simple but deep pleasures of life. BTW I now understand all the dollar bin hype behind Hall & Oates "Abandoned Luncheonette"

5. Secret comedy TV shit[/b] -making halfsteps in La-La land for y'alls future enojyment (soon y'll will know what I'm talking about)

Bonus Beat:

Iron Monkey and I are planning a special episode of Whitey on the Moon for this week. shit should be kinda hot. if any of you folks can record MP3's of live streams please PM me

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

2. Beanie Siegel...who knew?

Lots of people actually.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    4) My girl crush on comedian Amy Sedaris

If you haven't picked up a copy of this month's Bust, DO SO!

It should still be on newsstands.

"I'm nippin' out...nippin' out over you baaaby..."

Shame on you, Curtis!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    good

1. last day of school today

2. last day of school today

3. last day of school today

4. last day of school today

5. i can finally get fully focused now

bad

1. on the real, fuck this accounting class. now i know why people pay other people to do this shit

!!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Top 5:

Making $60 by dumping loose change into this machine at lunch.

2. A much needed road trip up to Montreal this weekend with the homeez.

3. My daughter finally turning "1".

4. Comcast DV-R. I now WATCH TV... self confessed A&E junky.

5. Not Having bought a record on eBay in two months ='s money in the bank.

Bottom Fivez:

1. Clothes shopping... what kind of clothes do 30 year old men wear?

2. Lack of sleep.... I'm not able to do anything until my daughter is out for the night which ='s long nights and early wake up calls.

3. Shitty weather...

4. Gas Prices

5. Being sick on and off March - May

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

2. A much needed road trip up to Montreal this weekend with the homeez.

Word.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

1. Clothes shopping... what kind of clothes do 30 year old men wear?

Throwbacks and fitted caps with matching AF1s or dunks. Doo rags, mouf full of ice, Dickies, Ben Davis, house shoes, Locs, State Property. Cazals, 4 finger rings, Truck jewlery, etc.

Hope this helps hommie

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts

1. Scored a copy of the MC5 True Testimonial Documentary!!!! So good!!!!

2. Just got back from vacation, so necessary.

3. Community Supported Agriculture season starts in a month, yes to fresh, seasonal, organic produce! Support your local CSA's errybody!!

4. Got some tickets to see Yankees vs. Boston at the end of the month

5. My daughter woke me up today by jumping on the bed and singing at the top of her lungs "Its the thuggish ruggish boooooooooooooneee!!!!!!!!!"

Pa'bajo

1. Came home to a busted pipe in the bathroom, no fecal matter, but its gonna be a bitch to fix.

2. No records in Indianapolis

3. Two months of freelance work is scary, I need more scrilla and security, not a lot of opportunities for anthropologists in NYC.

4. Yankees are 6.5 games under, still faithful though!

fuck a number 5, trying to stay positive!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

5. My daughter woke me up today by jumping on the bed and singing at the top of her lungs "Its the thuggish ruggish boooooooooooooneee!!!!!!!!!"

THAT IS SO RADD.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    [color:green] five things making me happy right now [/color]

Zambia ??? Prophet Band

Baggage Handlers ??? Raekwon

Staring at the Sun ??? TV on the Radio

rice and peas with curried green beans

kittens

[color:orange] one main thing bumming me out right now[/color]

Bob Hunter???s dead (co-founder of Greenpeace and lifelong advocate/fighter for the environment/wildlife)

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    1. Paper writing not being so drastic right now. Definitely time consuming, but the brutal things are finished.
    2. The male vocal version of "Is It All Over My Face?" I'd never heard this until yesterday. It's bizarre. Sounds like how that Orleans record looks. Dudes cannot sing, it's fairly charming
    3. Laura Kipnis' book Against Love. I have posted about this before. Though I don't agree with much of what she's said, it is presented in polemical form. This book has been a touchstone for a lot of what I've read and thought about this semester, and is worthy of being so.
    4. My mom, dad, and sister coming to visit me soon for graduation! My makes it to DC once a year, and me to Vermont (where she lives) once a year, so it's always exciting to chill at our respective homes and not just where our folks live
    5. This one girl I've been seeing being real chill
    6. The Wizards last night! They KILLED IT

Bottom
    1. Last classes with a couple of professors I really love and have taught me an enormous amount. I hope I am able to keep in touch with a couple of them...
    2. Found out yesterday Ted Leo does a medley of "Since You've Been Gone"/"Maps." Dude, stop
    3. Trumpet lessons ending and me not putting in much effort the latter half of the(and really all) semester
    4. My friend Gabriella moving back to Texas and then maybe to Italy very soon! Boo
    5. Palindromes, the new Todd Solondz movie. Not that it was bad, just that it should have done something different. Seeing what he is capable of, this just seems like he's making fun of some easy targets instead of doing some sort of investigation/deconstruction of what makes them work and what that means about this larger "us." Bummer