Portable Protocols?

unlasciviousunlascivious 220 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
i managed to get a gp-3 for a nice price and am now slightly nervous. truth be told, i don't know how to use it. sure, i know how to play records with it, but how do i use it without coming off as pretentious or inconsiderate? i've yet to see someone use them while i'm around, and i really have no idea what the protocol is. do i always ask first? do i just gather up a huge stack, and needle drop away? do i use it in the list price areas/dollarbins/swanky stores/thrifts/garage sales? do i huddle aside into a corner or stand clearly in someone's view? help me!

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I always ask if they mind.

I've never been told no, but its just polite and keeps you on the dudes good side so maybe you can do some price haggling, when you take up your stack.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I always ask if they mind.

I've never been told no, but its just polite and keeps you on the dudes good side so maybe you can do some price haggling, when you take up your stack.

Exactly. Most places won't let you play the cheapies on their nice listening sations so if may be a good way to check out the dollar bin for hours.