BLING DOCUMENTARY

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
A guy who produced this documentary just IM'd this to me. Found it to be interesting. It's a short documentary about hip hop and "conflict diamonds".http://www.wghfilms.com/bling.htm

Comments

• Thanks Raj. Though this totally depresses the shit out of me, I'm glad I watched it.

• That's a scary story but very interesting.

Thanks for the link,

Dress

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I have never worn nor will ever wear a diamond.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    This is tragic and it is shocking that so many people here in the U.S. are clueless as to what is going on there. I went to school with two guys from Sierra Leone back in 1992. My man Samuel was mad cool and we would talk about Sierra Leone and African politics. Samuel broke down the whole diamond situation for me and I started doing some research. DeBeers are an evil bunch of motherfuckers, believe that. I never got wifey a diamond ring because I would not support DeBeers or African diamonds. I might get her a diamond ring sometime in the near future in Canada. I will make sure that I have proper documentation that it is a CANADIAN diamond.
    Most girls in Japan can't wait for a guy to buy them a diamond ring. Prior to the 1960s very few people wore engagement rings or wedding bands in Japan. Then DeBeers started a HUGE marketing campaign and convinced Japanese women that diamonds are a girl's best friend. Japan is now one of DeBeers largest markets.