Funky Riddms Out Of Business Sale

PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
edited December 2005 in Announcements
Yes it's true. Funky Riddms records in Berkeley hung in there for a good five years but now they are closing their doors so everyhting must go. Bay Area heads get down there this weekend before everything's gone. Peace.

Comments

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

Nobody Laughed.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    yeah i was gonna post this. most of his stock is 50% off too. still some quality joints in there.

• Nobody Laughed.

I just made the crickets post because your announcement was up for a while and no one had anything to say about it. Then again we were probably all talked out after the last time he was closing a few months ago.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    This time it looks like he's done for good. He even told me that he's taking offer son the display racks in there.

• Options

Nobody Laughed.

I just made the crickets post because your announcement was up for a while and no one had anything to say about it. Then again we were probably all talked out after the last time he was closing a few months ago.

K.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i came up on some decent records there. sad to see another soldier fall.

• Nobody Laughed.

He closed up his first shop because rent was too high. At his new location he just didn't have the foot traffic and a lot of people didn't even know he had re-opened. I picked up a few joints. Said he'll be at the Asbhy BART flea market on weekends. I got on his mailing list too. I think he's gone for good this time (in brick-and-mortar store fashion at least). He scored his last place at only $500 right next to a BART station.

Whatever beef people had with "record Gabe" I never saw. Always decent prices. Never even saw a record priced above $20 as far as I can recall.

I always saw ways he could have improved marketing. He had a mailing list he never pushed, never had a decent website, pushed 45's too often, and didn't restock enough. I used to hit his shop once a week until I realized he simply didn't get stuff in that quickly. So instead of dropping a $100 a week I'd wait a month or two to revisit so I'd know there'd be new stuff for me to dig though.

I think this Sunday is his last day.