AEON FLUX

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
anyone catch this yet? i was never a huge fan of the cartoon but the movie is pretty badass. charlize looks like an angel in every scene, even when she's breaking someone's neck. how tough is that?

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I dunno but Arrested Development last night was funny as fuck when he said "But she's an Olympic Silver.... Oh, I get it now..."

• i was vaguely interested in seeing it, but then a new commercial with some shitty korn / staind / creed song came on and took away any minor remaining glimpse of interest i had.

and yes, arrested development killed it last night.

"no michael, that wasn't my trick...

...that was my ILLUSION!"

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I dunno but Arrested Development last night was funny as fuck when he said "But she's an Olympic Silver.... Oh, I get it now..."

fuck fuck fuck !

I missed it!
    fuck fuck fuck!

their time change shit all the time got me fuckin up!

Aeon Flux. Loved the cartoons want to see the movie.

• ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzz......

....about 5 years too late...

• They didn't do any early screenings for reviewers which is a really bad sign and since it came out the reviews have been bad. I think I will wait and see it on video.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

their time change shit all the time got me fuckin up!

sayin. you've gotta see it. george sr kills it, plus the super dave cameo was hilarious!

anyhow, charlize has some serious chops. 'monster' to 'arrested' to 'aeon'

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

seriously. it seems like their target audience is not old enough to remember what liquid television on mtv is.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    commercial

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

seriously. it seems like their target audience is not old enough to remember what liquid television on mtv is.

does that really matter though? didn't stop that starsky & hutch from being remade.

kill the hate. despite my charlize bias, this movie rules.

• ....about 5 years too late...

does that really matter though? didn't stop that starsky & hutch from sucking wet floppy hog...[/b]

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

does that really matter though? didn't stop that starsky & hutch from being remade.

kill the hate. despite my charlize bias, this movie rules.

definitely different from starski & hutch. that's 70s throwback kitsch. this is just reaching back a few years before current pop generation.

i'm not hatting on the movie as i haven't seen it yet. just questioning marketability. and i'm definitely NOT hattin on charlize.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

just questioning marketability. and i'm definitely NOT hattin on charlize.

word & WORD.

word & WORD.

i go through bouts of hattin on charlize and I dont know why. She is quick to get naked and I aint got no problem with that.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    does she have a lot of lines in it? Aeon Flux was much better when she was doing way more killing than talking.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

word & WORD.

i go through bouts of hattin on charlize and I dont know why. She is quick to get naked and I aint got no problem with that.

Will strip for Oscars.

• I dunno but Arrested Development last night was funny as fuck when he said "But she's an Olympic Silver.... Oh, I get it now..."

Gaaa! Don't spoil it! I don't have cable and always have to wait for some kind souls to upload the new episodes to the internet.

How many new episodes are remaining?

BTW, this new graemlin is killing it!

Anyway, I used to love Aeon Flux. I have VHS tapes that are 10 years old and worn out with the OG Liquid TV broadcasts on them. Used to wait up at night to record it. The reviews I've read have been pretty negative but I don't think most reviewers are familiar with the cartoon. I read one review from someone that seemed to "get it" and I'll probably see the film based on his lone approval.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Gaaa! Don't spoil it! I don't have cable and always have to wait for some kind souls to upload the new episodes to the internet.

How many new episodes are remaining?

BTW, this new graemlin is killing it!

Anyway, I used to love Aeon Flux. I have VHS tapes that are 10 years old and worn out with the OG Liquid TV broadcasts on them. Used to wait up at night to record it. The reviews I've read have been pretty negative but I don't think most reviewers are familiar with the cartoon. I read one review from someone that seemed to "get it" and I'll probably see the film based on his lone approval.

Careful.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

wow. it seems like no reviewer understands what this movie is about.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    They didn't do any early screenings for reviewers which is a really bad sign and since it came out the reviews have been bad. I think I will wait and see it on cable.[/b]

• CHARLIZE THERON = POOR MAN'S ASHLEY JUDD[/b]

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    CHARLIZE THERON = POOR MAN'S ASHLEY JUDD[/b]

Zzzt. I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was ASHLEY JUDD = POOR MAN'S ASHLEY JUDD[/b]

I thought they were the same person for a while.

I thought they were the same person for a while.

I just found out that it was Charlize Theron in Devils advocate while searching for naked pics of her. I thouhgt that was Ashley judd.

Zzzt. I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was ASHLEY JUDD = POOR MAN'S ASHLEY JUDD[/b]

you may be too young to remember but charlize totally stole ashley's career. charlize had the same look (at least at first), took the same type of roles, but was just less fine/talented. guess she had a better agent cause now she's way huger.

you may be too young to remember but charlize totally stole ashley's career. charlize had the same look (at least at first), took the same type of roles, but was just less fine/talented. guess she had a better agent cause now she's way huger.

or maybe CHarlize is better or worked harder.

do you really have time to sit around and analyze that type of thing?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

co-sign, where's Ashley these days? Plaese not to make another movie with Morgan Freeman.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I would rather think about Ashley Judd for hours than think about dying before a Smashing Pumpkins come back

I would rather think about Ashley Judd for hours than think about dying before a Smashing Pumpkins come back

THERE IS A PUMPKINS COMEBACK!?!?!!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

co-sign, where's Ashley these days? Plaese not to make another movie with Morgan Freeman.

hahaaha

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

SG