The Official Saccer Jumpoff Thraed

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
First group are the seeded teams and will not play each other in the first round. The rest are by geog. region and will get spread around. England are the 2nd top seed after Brasil.Pool one: Germany, Brazil, England, Argentina, Mexico, Italy, Spain, France.Pool two: Australia, Angola, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Togo, Tunisia, Ecuador, Paraguay.Pool three: Croatia, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine.Pool four: Iran, Japan, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago, United States.Special pot: Serbia & Montenegro.Paraguay are back... last time they were super-defensive but gave some scares. Mexico seem to have some psychological problem with the US, but if they get drawn against each other should be a good game this time. Brasil have to slip up some time soon. Togo? How they get in there?

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Is it just me or does 2 look mighty weak?

Dude...

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/finaldraw/index.html

Make ur predictions now!!!

Or should we pick who will win VS who we want to win?

Oh and Liv'pool v M'brough on Sat. GO REDS!

• looks good.

can`t wait to see the groups pulled on friday.7 months and counting!!

being played in europe i`ll be very surprised to see a final without one of the european teams in there..

holland and spain will probably be hyped as good bets before the tournament starts but they usually flop(spain more so than holland,who just can`t win a penalty shoot out).

there will be at least one surprise team in the tournament(remember the likes of cameroon in 90,korea in 2002).

mexico are like a south american version of italy - super defensive.i`d be happy if england drew them in the second round.

all the games will be played at either midday here(west coast)or 9am i expect.

which stations show the world cup over here(i came just after the last world cup)

i`m hoping i don`t have to pay out for ppv like the euro 2004.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    ESPN will show most of the games and the later stages will be on ABC, unless the US has already been knocked out, in which case it's back to professional trout tickling for the Network.

Actually, if you live near a metro area, you'll be tuning to the local Spanish language channel in no time. At least they get excited at the right time. Tommy Smyth can lick my onion bags.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Excuse me but we beat those punk ass fools from el Mexico soundly. Why are we not seeded instead of them? We did better (in fact eliminated those thugs) in the last cup. We've been ranked higher than them for much of the last few years and we are simply put, a better team. How much more of this anti-American bias can we take before we begin impeachment hearings for Bush.

If you got a good net connection, there will be some good links to alot of games. I watched many euro cup games from work that way... Mind you, alot of them were in another language...

GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Where R all the german strutters at with tickets?

• Excuse me but we beat those punk ass fools from el Mexico soundly. Why are we not seeded instead of them? We did better (in fact eliminated those thugs) in the last cup. We've been ranked higher than them for much of the last few years and we are simply put, a better team. How much more of this anti-American bias can we take before we begin impeachment hearings for Bush.

mexico got to the final of the copa america.

don`t know why you are complaining,i wish our only competition for a place in the world cup was mexico!!can`t see the likes of fiji ever giving you trouble.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    The downfall of cameroon, senegal and nigeria is

Togo, cote d'ivoire

But they will not get very far...or will they...?

• Actually, if you live near a metro area, you'll be tuning to the local Spanish language channel in no time. At least they get excited at the right time. Tommy Smyth can lick my onion bags.

"the big man from cark (spelled cork), puts it in the back of the ol' onion bag!"

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I want to know how England go the second seed. Have the people at FIFA not seen how awful they played through most of qualifying? However they did the seedings, it isn't giving each countries recent results enough consideration.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Go Japan!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I want to know how England go the second seed. Have the people at FIFA not seen how awful they played through most of qualifying? However they did the seedings, it isn't giving each countries recent results enough consideration.

look at France

Go Japan!

I'm looking forward to an early Japan VS South Korea match. Imma head up to lil Korea and eat loads of Kimchi Tufo Soon and watch the craziness...

And if Shin Mina shows up anywhere near the spot, Imma marry her!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Looking at the pools, I'm kind of baffled by this as well. I haven't really had the time to follow the qualifications for the cup this time, so I don't know diddley. What went wrong?

• Hey S****a, can we get you so knackered Thurs. that you sing us some football team songs?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Looking at the pools, I'm kind of baffled by this as well. I haven't really had the time to follow the qualifications for the cup this time, so I don't know diddley. What went wrong?

Mad losses,

coupe d'afrique coming up!

look at France

I can't remember, how many games did England lose? 1?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Excuse me but we beat those punk ass fools from el Mexico soundly. Why are we not seeded instead of them? We did better (in fact eliminated those thugs) in the last cup. We've been ranked higher than them for much of the last few years and we are simply put, a better team. How much more of this anti-American bias can we take before we begin impeachment hearings for Bush.

mexico got to the final of the copa america.

don`t know why you are complaining,i wish our only competition for a place in the world cup was mexico!!can`t see the likes of fiji ever giving you trouble.

Seeding, according the CONCACAF website, is based on world rankings and past cup results. With more weight given to the recent cup, where we buried Mexico's cheap shot giving, cry baby crying asses. I do not under-fucking-stand. I would like not to have to play Holland or England, savvy.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I LOVE SACCER! go SACS!

• Hey S****a, can we get you so knackered Thurs. that you sing us some football team songs?

hey spliff, try these:

One scouse at warwick station
    One Stanley sitting by his side
    Quick trip to Picadilly
    Then we'll f*cking take Moss Side

or

cheer up alex ferguson
    oh what can it be
    to a manc scottish b astard
    and a shite football team

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

look at France

True, but they looked terrible doing it. I guess the record is the only thing that counts, but teams that won most of their matches convincingly should have higher seedings than those that limp through or beat up on lesser opposition. Kind of like the NCAA football rankings.

look at France

True, but they looked terrible doing it. I guess the record is the only thing that counts, but teams that won most of their matches convincingly should have higher seedings than those that limp through or beat up on lesser opposition. Kind of like the NCAA football rankings.

Well, the NCAA rankings arn't the best system IMO to use as an example...

But on paper, game play doesn't matter. Numbers do...

I'm not hatting on ur opinions mind you.

Would all you panties make ur choices!!! I want to know who to start slaggin'

I know Chans...

Hey S****a, can we get you so knackered Thurs. that you sing us some football team songs?

hey spliff, try these:

One scouse at warwick station
    One Stanley sitting by his side
    Quick trip to Picadilly
    Then we'll f*cking take Moss Side

or

cheer up alex ferguson
    oh what can it be
    to a manc scottish b astard
    and a shite football team

There's not enough beer in Bavaria to get me singing, period.
    I got plenty of opinions though!

Ohhhh Man U last night? All I have to say is great header...

Tomorrow is the draw. Anyone gonna be watching?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Ohhhh Man U last night? All I have to say is great header...

Tomorrow is the draw. Anyone gonna be watching?

If previous draws are anything to go by they'll stretch it out to around 5 times the length it needs to be before any balls are drawn (ayo)

I really need to put a bet on that Australia will be in England's group, it's fate.

U fukkin' panties... Ur all waiting to see what happens today before you start making predictions eh?

To tell you the truth, I don't care who wins, as long as Brazil gets their asses handed to them!

HAHA...

But seriously... ENGLAND!!!

Check this crazy shit out...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4505462782975458603&q=football

fuggin' nutz

• But seriously... ENGLAND!!!

cosign

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

But seriously... ENGLAND?????

• But seriously... ENGLAND?????

don't be a hatter jorge....