Being in a live hip hop band now

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Is like being in a doo-wop band in the 60s.Get with the program fellas!Who is the Godfather of white open mic emcees anyway? Do all their rhymes have to include the word "holocaust"? I think that's a bite.

Comments

• Is like being in a doo-wop band in the 60s.

Get with the program fellas!

Who is the Godfather of white open mic emcees anyway? "holocaust"? I think that's a bite.

Whatup S? So the show was a stunna last night?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Well, no comment. Seems like these acts all exist in their own parallel universes and should get out there, watch, learn, and pay dues before they claim to be the next Ben E King & The Drifters.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Is like being in a doo-wop band in the 60s.

I'm not sure if this is the best analogy, since it presupposes that there was a time when the sh!t wasn't corny.

Overheard at a record store this afternoon [from some 50+ burnout wearing a tanktop]: "Last time I was in here you were playing the most amazing hip-hop act. I think they were from San Francisco and they had a live band and there were jokes between the songs. Matter of fact, I think they were white! Who were those guys? I gotta get that."

:::retch:::

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

I'm not sure if this is the best analogy, since it presupposes that there was a time when the sh!t wasn't corny.

Well, that's debateable. Heavy Rhyme Experience, The Goats, The Roots, hell all the old school groups used to play/record with bands (Sugar Hill, etc.) I mean, Keith LeBlanc was killing all that stuff...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Do all their rhymes have to include the word "holocaust"? I think that's a bite.

yep!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Matter of fact, I think they were white! Who were those guys? I gotta get that."

:::retch:::

I hate white people.