Ableton Live 5 Tutorials (help related)

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Ok, so I use Mackie Tracktion 2.0 right now to do any remixing right now. I'm trying to make this move to Ableton Live 5. I understand the basics but I need to get up in that piece. Any reccomends on some online tutorials or even some commercially (cheapish) available ones that are good would help. The more in-depth, the better.holla at it.

Comments

• Have you already done the included tutorials? That was enough to get me going, though I barely ever use it. They should have a forum at their website. That might be more helpfull.

• i second that. run through the tutorials that come with it. it'll get you running. Live is pretty easy to initially wrap your head around. it's after you realize all the shit it can do that it starts to suck up all your time.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Thirded on the included tutorials. I also heard that the Ableton Live 5 Power book was good too.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Thanks all, I've kinda just passed over the tutorials in the app itself without really getting into them too deep. I guess I'll just have to dig a lil deeper and peep them out fully.

Thanks all.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I've had Live for 6 months now and I haven't even opened it up. It scares me.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    open that shit up mayne. if you can work pro tools you can work live easy. remixes are real nice to do on there with the warp feature.

loops are easy to throw in. its real easy. just take the tutorials it ccame with, it totally gets you going.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    open it up dude, i barely touched my mpc since i started using it. im sure a lot us here can help you not be scared

• snosno 332 Posts
    http://www.ableton.com/index.php?main=tutorials
    http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005/08/24/livetips.html

These tutorials should get you going for a while.

I've got this Ableton Live 3/4 tutorial DVD by this Australian guy which is pretty good and well-put together. Forget the name, but will report back later today.