Wall Grails - Your Method of Defeating Gravity

canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I've seen a lot of different methods of putting records up on to your wall. From Thumb Nails, to metal bars running across. I'm looking for a cheap and easy way to do this, but something that doesn't wreck havoc on the place as I won't be staying her for much longer than 1-2 years.In the past I used these sticky things that stuck to the wall and had hooks come out that the record could rest on. However, I don't trust this method, especially with the raers (I used to just put up funny rap covers up).I tried searching for previous posts on this and all I found was a post about Father Yod. Then I had a dream I met the dude lounging in this royal your-highness chair made out of sand on this weird beach. I really need to learn how to use the search function better.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I got a couple of them, but they're very expensive ($20 each... unless there is a cheaper source).

I want to lace up an entire wall, three rows deep.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i like the lp size frames - but it can get expensive if you want to put up a lot of them.

you can put up a thin shelf and line em up.

• I use thumb tacks thru plastic sleeves (with the vinyl inside) in the top corners and have had no problems.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

seasonal record rotation?

i like the lp size frames - but it can get expensive if you want to put up a lot of them.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. But I need help with materials and shit. I'm a mathemagician, real shit scares me.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    one thumb tack on top, one thumb tack on bottom.

I use thumb tacks thru plastic sleeves (with the vinyl inside) in the top corners and have had no problems.

i don't like the way it looks in the plastic sleeves on the wall.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

seasonal record rotation?

one thumb tack on top, one thumb tack on bottom.
    Won't that turn my minty into a VG-?

• awallawall 673 Posts
    I tried searching for previous posts on this and all I found was a post about Father Yod. Then I had a dream I met the dude lounging in this royal your-highness chair made out of sand on this weird beach. I really need to learn how to use the search function better.

this covers it:

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=crates&Number=447784&Forum=crates&Words=hang%20records&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=447784&Search=true#Post447784

by the way tacks work fine for me.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. But I need help with materials and shit. I'm a mathemagician, real shit scares me.

in case you are not joking:

go to a lumber yard - if you live in downtown toronto, there's a decent one at dundas and manning/claremont, across from the 7-11 - get some beams and get them to cut them into whatever lengths suit your plans. if you don't like the raw wood look - you can get a small can of stain and a brush at the hardware store. also at the hardware store get yourself brackets, hammer, nails and a level. because what you're putting up is so light, i wouldn't worry too much about hammering into beams, but if your walls are like wonder bread, heavy shelves can rip them.

i think it will all become clear once you have everything.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'm a mathemagician, real shit scares me.

What's your opinion on Mr. Nepper? Worth a number?

I tried searching for previous posts on this and all I found was a post about Father Yod. Then I had a dream I met the dude lounging in this royal your-highness chair made out of sand on this weird beach. I really need to learn how to use the search function better.
    this covers it:
    Thanks Awall, I should have searched "hang" and avoided my Father Yod nightmare.

Missbassie, I wasn't joking. I get overwhelmed when thinking about building things. I'll hit up a Home Depot soon and see what they got. Thanks!! "brackets" was the word I was looking for.

I'm a mathemagician, real shit scares me.

What's your opinion on Mr. Nepper? Worth a number?

Plaese to post explain link.

Thanks Awall, I should have searched "hang" and avoided my Father Yod nightmare.

Missbassie, I wasn't joking. I get overwhelmed when thinking about building things. I'll hit up a Home Depot soon and see what they got. Thanks!! "brackets" was the word I was looking for.

no problem - i suggest you get a bottle of wine and invite your favourite cutie to help - it helps to have someone there to lend a hand.

no problem - i suggest you get a bottle of wine and invite your favourite cutie to help - it helps to have someone there to hold and eye things.