Raer

PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I wonder if that will play my 3 3/4 in. one-sided russian records.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    thats kind of interesting

• shadow rocked a couple 3"s in the product placement set, I believe it was "I'm your Puppet"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    shadow rocked a couple 3"s in the product placement set, I believe it was "I'm your Puppet"

nerd

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    hallmark is selling tiny xmas ornament record players that play carols off tiny records

no joke, saw a commercial for it this weekend

• hallmark is selling tiny xmas ornament record players that play carols off tiny records

cosign..the wife was like: "honey i found the greatest tree ornament!"

• hallmark is selling tiny xmas ornament record players that play carols off tiny records

My ladyfriend D*wn bought me one of these. I was planning to buy a few, repaint 'em all fresh-like and give 'em to friends for Christmas, but I'm pissed 'cause up until yesterday they were ending in the $10-$15 dollar range on eBay. Now they're all ending at $30 plus!!! They retail at $28, too, a little expensive to give as casual presents.

My question is...why are these so popular right now?! I mean, I can understand why WE like 'em, but shit, a couple places in town AND online are already sold out. And there is a commercial for 'em?! Craziness...

Herm

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    The White Stripes actually had a custom 3 inch record player built as a merch item for their fans a few years ago. Best thing is, they had a bunch of 3 inch records pressed up too. Check the link here..

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Stripes-Inchophone-inc-Top-Special-Xmas-present_W0QQitemZ4799398024QQcategoryZ45541QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

crazy expensive..but cool as anything..

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    hallmark is selling tiny xmas ornament record players that play carols off tiny records

My ladyfriend D*wn bought me one of these. I was planning to buy a few, repaint 'em all fresh-like and give 'em to friends for Christmas, but I'm pissed 'cause up until yesterday they were ending in the $10-$15 dollar range on eBay. Now they're all ending at $30 plus!!! They retail at $28, too, a little expensive to give as casual presents.

My question is...why are these so popular right now?! I mean, I can understand why WE like 'em, but shit, a couple places in town AND online are already sold out. And there is a commercial for 'em?! Craziness...

Herm

haha, my girl bought me one of these as well.

• Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I wonder what titles got pressed up for that thing??

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    I wonder what titles got pressed up for that thing??

Didn't Shadow scratch up a copy of James & Bobby Purifys' "I'm your puppet" on his Product Placement Tour/DVD?

*just seen the dstill808 post above - so yeah - 'Puppet'*

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The White Stripes actually had a custom 3 inch record player built as a merch item for their fans a few years ago. Best thing is, they had a bunch of 3 inch records pressed up too. Check the link here..

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Stripes-Inchophone-inc-Top-Special-Xmas-present_W0QQitemZ4799398024QQcategoryZ45541QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

crazy expensive..but cool as anything..

They actually did those for the tour they're on right now... and one of the 3" is exclusive material...