NFL Week 13

KC_KasemKC_Kasem 63 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
I'm gonna get this started being that there are some really important games tomorrow. Cowboys[/b] @ Giants - All the announcers and so called football experts are saying the Giants will win this game. The Giants like every other team in the NFL (except the Colts) are overrated. I pick the Cowboys to win this game because of the few days extra rest. If the Cowboys lose it will be due to A. Defense not able to stop run B. Special teams mental lapse C. Drew Bledsoe making a bad read. Bengals[/b] @ Steelers - Was Ben really that rusty Monday night? I don't know but I'm predicting the Steelers to take their second straight lost. The Bengals will contain Willie Parker this time around and I can't wait to see Chad Johnson's new endzone dance.Falcons @ Panthers[/b] - The Panthers always seem to have trouble with the Falcons, in particular Micheal Vick. I expect this to be one of the better games of the day...Panthers win a close game.Broncos @ Chiefs[/b] - One of my upset games. Denver's defense was impressive in the win over Dallas but what won the game was under-achieving, slow Ron Dayne. He won't have the chance to do that this week for 2 reasons: A. Tatum Bell is back B. KC has been punishing the run of lateSeahawks @ Eagles[/b] - The Seahawks have been really fortunate this year. They have a great running back and their defense has been steady but their toughest opponents have all been home games. Falcons, Cowboys, Giants.....Philly will pull off the upset and no the Seahawks will not beat the Colts either.....speaking of IndyI feel that they have a 95% chance of going undefeated and winning the Super Bowl. Of course if Peyton, Edge, or Marvin get hurt this would change drastically. I'm still impressed with Indy's defense and Tony Dungy has been my favorite coach since he became a head coach. The team that I feel has the best chance of beating Indy during the regular season is the Chargers.Phill and all the football experts (Debar, etc.) please add on.....

Comments

• Cowboys[/b] @ Giants - All the announcers and so called football experts are saying the Giants will win this game. The Giants like every other team in the NFL (except the Colts) are overrated. I pick the Cowboys to win this game because of the few days extra rest. If the Cowboys lose it will be due to A. Defense not able to stop run B. Special teams mental lapse C. Drew Bledsoe making a bad read.

I can't call this one... I guess because I think both teams are frauds. But the Giants are a little more impressive to me at this point, and it's in the Meadowlands (although of course Parcells will feel very at home on Sunday, too). Whoever loses better watch out if those Birds shake up the world and upset Seattle on Monday.

Bengals[/b] @ Steelers - Was Ben really that rusty Monday night? I don't know but I'm predicting the Steelers to take their second straight lost. The Bengals will contain Willie Parker this time around and I can't wait to see Chad Johnson's new endzone dance.

Man, I want to take Cincy but they still just haven't done it in a big game yet. I see Big Ben getting back to form along with the running game and winning a close one. If I was a betting man I'd stay away from this one.

Falcons @ Panthers[/b] - The Panthers always seem to have trouble with the Falcons, in particular Micheal Vick. I expect this to be one of the better games of the day...Panthers win a close game.

Neither of these teams have impressed me lately. But again, I'll go with the trend- Vick historically has his way against Carolina, so until they figure out how to stop him i gotta go with Atlanta.

Broncos @ Chiefs[/b] - One of my upset games. Denver's defense was impressive in the win over Dallas but what won the game was under-achieving, slow Ron Dayne. He won't have the chance to do that this week for 2 reasons: A. Tatum Bell is back B. KC has been punishing the run of late

I'm with you on this, but then again I've been picking against the Broncno's all season. Maybe they really are a good team after all (I'm having a very hard time coming to grips with that).

Seahawks @ Eagles[/b] - The Seahawks have been really fortunate this year. They have a great running back and their defense has been steady but their toughest opponents have all been home games.

Maybe I'm just being hopeful, but I think the Eagles will win this game, too. No way in hell should they, but think the Philly defense is gonna find their pride and show the nation that they're still a championship caliber unit. Plus I just am not sold on the Seabiscuits. I swear, the NFC may have gotten more competitive since the Eagles' season went in the shitter, but this conference is STILL pretty sucky all things considered. Right now IMO the NFC belongs to the Bears- it's theirs to take if they want it.

Falcons, Cowboys, Giants.....Philly will pull off the upset and no the Seahawks will not beat the Colts either.....speaking of Indy

I feel that they have a 95% chance of going undefeated and winning the Super Bowl. Of course if Peyton, Edge, or Marvin get hurt this would change drastically. I'm still impressed with Indy's defense and Tony Dungy has been my favorite coach since he became a head coach. The team that I feel has the best chance of beating Indy during the regular season is the Chargers.

I agree, but damn... those dudes are hard to beat in a dome, mang. The odds are just so against a team going 19-0. But the question is this- if the Colts DO beat SD and are undefeated with home field sewn up going into their last two games, do they play their regulars and go for that undefeated record or do they rest them for the playoffs? That's a haaaaard choice, but probably really isn't for Dungy- he's already said that he'll rest his starters in that situation. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    I'm gonna get this started being that there are some really important games tomorrow.

Cowboys[/b] @ Giants
    I agree with this one. Both teams are coming off of overtime losses and the loser not only drops back in the division race, but could possibly drop a game behind the NFC South in the Wild Card race. Cowboys would essentially be 2 games up with a sweep. I have to go against my usual rule of desperate team @home wins because Parcells does a great job preparing after a loss.

Bengals[/b] @ Steelers

This time, I'm sticking to my desperate team @home wins rule and pick the Steelers. They've lost 2 straight with another one dropping them 2 back of the division and in trouble for the Wild Card with SD & KC surging and games vs. Chicago & @Minnesota coming up. Ben (and the rest of the team) will get back on track and step up and take this. I'm glad Cinci exposed that Indy D a couple weeks ago though.

Falcons @ Panthers[/b]

The Panthers have a horrible run game averaging something like 3 yds/carry while the Falcons have an incredible one with 180+/game & 5+/carry. Vick's never lost to Carolina & Dunn is having his best year yet. But Carolina has quietly become the #3 rush defense & 5th overall this year & not even Chicago's amazing D could corral Steve Smith. Plus the Panthers are at home. I agree, Panthers win a close game.

Broncos @ Chiefs[/b]

Up til about 3 hours ago, I'd been looking for a couple of tickets for this game and planning on making the 8 hour drive from Chicago to KC until I finally conceded that I'm a little low on cash. This is THE biggest game for KC since their playoff loss to Indy a couple years ago. It's pretty much win or go home. If KC loses, they drop 3 (essentially 4 w/ sweep) back of Denver & go to 2-3 in the division which pretty much makes them lose any tiebreakers with San Diego regardless of their game later on. Desperate (and favorite) team @home wins. Funny thing is, as difficult as the Chiefs' remaining schedule is, they control their own destiny. If they win out, they'd finish ahead of SD, and would win tiebreakers over Cinci or Pitt.

Seahawks @ Eagles[/b]

I can't see Philly with McMahon winning this one. Especially when they're going up against the #1/4 (yardage/points) offense in the league. Philly won't be able to keep up.

I feel that they have a 95% chance of going undefeated and winning the Super Bowl. Of course if Peyton, Edge, or Marvin get hurt this would change drastically. I'm still impressed with Indy's defense and Tony Dungy has been my favorite coach since he became a head coach. The team that I feel has the best chance of beating Indy during the regular season is the Chargers.

I hatt to be a hatter cause Manning, Harrison & Dungy are all great people, but ever since they knocked out the Chiefs 2 years ago, Indy's become my #2 hated team behind Denver. They've got @Jax, SD & @SEA. Not to mention a trap game against the Titans this week. And if they somehow survive that, Arizona will be playing their hearts out in their own personal Super Bowl to knock off a 15-0 team. If the Colts do it, I'll eat my words and tip my hats to them, but I just can't see it happening

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Seahawks @ Eagles[/b] - The Seahawks have been really fortunate this year. They have a great running back and their defense has been steady but their toughest opponents have all been home games.

Maybe I'm just being hopeful, but I think the Eagles will win this game, too. No way in hell should they, but think the Philly defense is gonna find their pride and show the nation that they're still a championship caliber unit. Plus I just am not sold on the Seabiscuits. I swear, the NFC may have gotten more competitive since the Eagles' season went in the shitter, but this conference is STILL pretty sucky all things considered. Right now IMO the NFC belongs to the Bears- it's theirs to take if they want it.

Falcons, Cowboys, Giants.....Philly will pull off the upset and no the Seahawks will not beat the Colts either

Whoever loses better watch out if those Birds shake up the world and upset Seattle on Monday.

THE EAGLES' SEASON IS OVER. As a lifelong Seahawks fan, I understand what it is to be a die-hard through thick, thin, and utter mayonnaise. I in no way mean this derisively, but don't disappoint yourself after praying that they'll make the playoffs without TO, McNabb, and with their third-string QB, MIKE McMAHON (who, last I checked, is still Mike McMahon).

That all said, the Eagles will win this game. Seattle has played two suspect games in a row and has played three shaky games against NFC East foes (oddly enough, their strongest game versus that division was against the then-undefeated Redskins, a game they lost when Josh Brown blew the game-winner off the left upright). Seattle is due for a "character-building" loss, and the Eagles' fans are fed up and vocal after living in the midst of another drama-packed (ho-hum for the rest of us) season. Look: the Eagles are fighting for pride at home on national television. Seattle has their division all but wrapped up and has only playoff home-field left to clinch.
    But: it would be just like Philly to win this one, and then lose to the Giants and St. Louis in succession to cap off their season.

Just saying, is all.

• THE EAGLES' SEASON IS OVER. As a lifelong Seahawks fan, I understand what it is to be a die-hard through thick, thin, and utter mayonnaise. I in no way mean this derisively, but don't disappoint yourself after praying that they'll make the playoffs without TO, McNabb, and with their third-string QB, MIKE McMAHON (who, last I checked, is still Mike McMahon).

That all said, the Eagles will win this game. Seattle has played two suspect games in a row and has played three shaky games against NFC East foes (oddly enough, their strongest game versus that division was against the then-undefeated Redskins, a game they lost when Josh Brown blew the game-winner off the left upright). Seattle is due for a "character-building" loss, and the Eagles' fans are fed up and vocal after living in the midst of another drama-packed (ho-hum for the rest of us) season. Look: the Eagles are fighting for pride at home on national television. Seattle has their division all but wrapped up and has only playoff home-field left to clinch.
    But: it would be just like Philly to win this one, and then lose to the Giants and St. Louis in succession to cap off their season.

Just saying, is all.

I do not disagree with anything that you are saying here. I do not honestly expect the Eagles to make the playoffs (and if they somehow do get in, how far can they really go with Mcmahon at QB?). But looking at the remaining schedules of the NFC contenders and seeing how unimpressively most of them have been playing lately, if the Eagles can run the table I think it may be possible for them to sneak in. You know every year some team collapses at the end of the season and falls off of the map. Hey, as a Philly fan I gotta keep hope alive! At least that idoit Andy Reid finally realizes that he has to run the ball, and lo and behold they are actually doing it well (184 yards last week). I'm not throwing in the towel yet, mane.

You need to worry about your Sea Urchins for real though. VERY the last two weeks. If they don't shape up they're gonna mess around and let Da Bears steal home field from them (and Seattle does NOT want to go to the frozen tundra of Soldier Field in January to play for the championship).

• Options
    Jets over Patriots, and the under.

Reggie Bush might look good in green and white.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Listen up Phill and all other Philly folls! Seattle is coming to your town TOMORROW night to beat the Eagles on national TV! Get ready cause it's about to go down like a mutherfuckin' plane crash!

"Hey Phill the Soulman! I'm lacin' up my kicks and gettin' ready to run ALL OVER that Philly defense foll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• debardebar 215 Posts
    KC BITCHES!!!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    so i went to the Steeler game today.................and, we fuckin suck. damn, big ben throws 3 interceptions. we aint winnin a game like that. fuck

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Goddamn fucking Steelers, by the way. It is kinda crazy that despite four turnovers and no takeaways, stupid penalties, and a general inability to stop the Bengals, the Steelers had a shot at it at the end. Or at least they did until they committed two penalties, then gave up the sack.

At least bitch-ass Chad Johnson didn't really do anything.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    nathan basher, bitches.

Again, I ask you for an animated "Chris Farley does the Bears Dance" gif. plaese.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    nathan basher, bitches.

Again, I ask you for an animated "Chris Farley does the Bears Dance" gif. plaese.

You mean VASHER? And I'm a Seahawks fan.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    skins came through
    portis for 136, cartwright for 118... runnin thangs

phil, i know there are some games left in the season, and as weird as it is to say, miami is lookin good. philly needs to step up so you can be $100 richer by the end of the season

what baffles me is that carolina is 9-3 and is in the wild card race... aint that a mother

peace

• Things get interesting from this point on.....looking at the remaining schedule for the playoff contenders in the NFC it is very likely the Falcons may not make the playoffs...the same is true for Dallas but I believe they will get in. The Vikings could very well jump ahead of Dallas and Atlanta and grab that 6th spot.

In the AFC this is how I see it.....Jaguars lock up one wild card spot so that leaves Chargers, Chiefs, and Steelers in the mix for the last one. San Diego and KC both have brutal schedules and it is hard for me to see them making it. I think Pittsburgh will jump ahead of both for the final spot.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    You need to worry about your Sea Urchins for real though. VERY the last two weeks. If they don't shape up they're gonna mess around and let Da Bears steal home field from them (and Seattle does NOT want to go to the frozen tundra of Soldier Field in January to play for the championship).

The Bears will lose to the Giants in head-to-head playoff competition any day of the week at either stadium. I'm not worried about that. They'll face each other before the Bears face Seattle. The Hawks are getting back Sharper, Herndon, and Darrell Jackson (remember him?) all before the playoffs. As long as their appearance doesn't throw off the team's tempo, those gains will be big. Jurevicius and Jackson with Engram as the natural #3. Solid stuff. I'm just glad that 1) they're not in the AFC, and 2) they've got the Titans, Packers, and the 49ers left. Ha ha ha. 12 wins for sure.

Bengals are the second best team in the league, BTW. I've been saying that for four or five weeks.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    a general inability to stop the Bengals

say what!?

we held them to like four straight punts in the second half and didn't capitalize on any of them. fumbles and turnovers. but the d held up.

maybe next year.