hell's winter apprecitation post

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
i love this album,have to say cage is very slept on,even the kids a fatbeats laughed at me when i bought leak brothers album.im alittle disappointed at the dj shadow track but hey its a dj shadow music.

Comments

• Pre Hell???s Winter if you had to me Cage was going to do my favourite album of the year I???d have laughed.
    I only DL???ed the album out of curiosity to hear what the RJD2 track was like.
    I mean cage suck???blah blah blah???..

But by the end of the first verse of the first track I new this album was going to be something special.
    Its nuts???The beats, the rhymes and the concept are some next level ish, this wasn???t a throwback album in anyway, or even a left field oddity often turned out by Def Jux, just some good ol hip hop.

Has the album been slept on ?

Yes

Damn right, partly and understandably because Cage has been so wack in the past.
    But also because people aren???t really checkin for the nerdy backpack styles any more, that style is so out of vogue this album didn???t even pop up even as a blip on most peoples radar.

Shame because its album of the year to me and while tastes differ I feel many of the hip hop heads on the board just passed this off as another wack Cage release, like I almost did.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    that laffy taffy, that laffy taffy, that laffy taffy, girl shake that laffy taffy.