Buying out the bar

Terry_ClubbupTerry_Clubbup 833 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Did I hear you tell one of my bartenders that you and your crewwere planning on "buying out the bar"?Well, I'm the manager here, and I don't think so, dude.I don't bust my ass to run this bar just to turn control over tosome random group of knuckleheads and yukmouths who think a couplegrand in cash somehow makes them "the shit".So leave the DJ alone, and quit harrassing my cocktail waitresses.In fact, why don't you just get the fuck out of here.If you want to have a private party here, you can contact Dan theday manager and he will set up an appointment to go over our rates.But you can't just walk in here in the middle of our Friday, whenwe're slammed and claim you're going to "buy the bar out".I've been the manager here for two years and I can tell you thatwe do quite well without your crew, thank you.Why don't you try the strip club on the other side of the highway,they're more set up for whatever it is you think you're doing, i.e.a bunch of drunk morons who want to literally throw their money around.Trust me, I've seen more cash than you're showing me right now, andI'm not impressed. If you come with 6 figures in a bag or a briefcaseor something, I might start being impressed...impressed at what anidiot you are for carrying around that much cash.You don't look particularly athletic, you probably didn't get enoughattention as a child, and definitely never had much cash.Now you're a great drug rapper or whatever, I get it. Great.Now get the fuck out of my bar.Yeah.YEAH.Yeah, well come back and shoot me then, I don't care,I've HAD IT.You got so much money, go buy your OWN bar!

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Did I hear you tell one of my bartenders that you and your crew
    were planning on "buying out the bar"?

Well, I'm the manager here, and I don't think so, dude.

I don't bust my ass to run this bar just to turn control over to
    some random group of knuckleheads and yukmouths who think a couple
    grand in cash somehow makes them "the shit".
    So leave the DJ alone, and quit harrassing my cocktail waitresses.
    In fact, why don't you just get the fuck out of here.

If you want to have a private party here, you can contact Dan the
    day manager and he will set up an appointment to go over our rates.
    But you can't just walk in here in the middle of our Friday, when
    we're slammed and claim you're going to "buy the bar out".
    I've been the manager here for two years and I can tell you that
    we do quite well without your crew, thank you.

Why don't you try the strip club on the other side of the highway,
    they're more set up for whatever it is you think you're doing, i.e.
    a bunch of drunk morons who want to literally throw their money around.

Trust me, I've seen more cash than you're showing me right now, and
    I'm not impressed. If you come with 6 figures in a bag or a briefcase
    or something, I might start being impressed...impressed at what an
    idiot you are for carrying around that much cash.

You don't look particularly athletic, you probably didn't get enough
    attention as a child, and definitely never had much cash.
    Now you're a great drug rapper or whatever, I get it. Great.
    Now get the fuck out of my bar.

Yeah.

YEAH.

Yeah, well come back and shoot me then, I don't care,
    I've HAD IT.

You got so much money, go buy your OWN bar!

pretty funny. I thought buying out the bar is like when you buy everyone at the bar a drink.

• The best parties to spin are w/ open bars and a buffet. I'll never forget a gig like that where Danny Glover jumped up and started dancing his ass off when I dropped some Curtis Mayfield.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I'll never forget a gig like that where Danny Glover jumped up and started dancing his ass off when I dropped some Curtis Mayfield.

But he stopped halfway and said, 'I'm getting too old for this shit'

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    why do i get the feeling dreas tried to buy out the sonotheque last night?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Danny Glover jumped up and started dancing his ass off when I dropped some Curtis Mayfield.

• I'll never forget a gig like that where Danny Glover jumped up and started dancing his ass off when I dropped some Curtis Mayfield.

But he stopped halfway and said, 'I'm getting too old for this shit'

You were there.

That's pretty much how it went. I'd drop a jam, he'd dance for a minute then sit down 'till the next record and jump up again. Funky grampa.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    You were there.

No, I was trying to make a funny... that's his famous line from all the Lethal Weapon movies.

DJ Ferrari

• You were there.

No, I was trying to make a funny... that's his famous line from all the Lethal Weapon movies.

DJ Ferrari

I didn't know the reference but I did know you were joking.

He and his people are real nice BTW. I never really caught the movies. Maybe Lethal 1 but I don't remember it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    even if im filthy rich i aint buying out the bar

• Funky grampa.

somebody called me that and i'm 36!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Did I hear you tell one of my bartenders that you and your crew
    were planning on "buying out the bar"?

people actually attempt that??? i figured it was some hip-hop fantasy/urban legend thing that puff daddy invented.

• You were there.

DJ Ferrari
    Don't worry man, I laughed out loud before you explained yourself