Your favorite Canadian MC?

tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
have to know...what's everyones favorite Canadian Microphone Commander?I'll chime in with MAESTRO FRESH WES"I make lots of green like a green machineand i keep my body lean I eat lean cuisinein a limousine"maybe not his BEST lyric, but that cracks me up everytime....so let's hear it???

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Me.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    have to know...

what's everyones favorite Canadian Microphone Commander?

I'll chime in with MAESTRO FRESH WES

"I make lots of green like a green machine
    and i keep my body lean I eat lean cuisine
    in a limousine"

maybe not his BEST lyric, but that cracks me up everytime....

so let's hear it???

There's maybe a reason why no MC outside of the U.S. has gotten much acclaim and/or recognition - just a thought...

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

There's maybe a reason why no MC outside of the U.S. has gotten much acclaim and/or recognition - just a thought...

if selling over a million records is your definition of getting acclaim/recognition, then we'll leave you to your standards.

anyone got an opinion on their favorite MC or group for that matter?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    dood, i love leonard cohen so much, i got his likeness on my arm... permanent-style.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

if selling over a million records is your definition of getting acclaim/recognition, then we'll leave you to your standards.

anyone got an opinion on their favorite MC or group for that matter?

RIF - READING is fundamental - much acclaim and or recognition - you clue me in, acclaim and/or recognition = selling records? Spell that non-sequitur logic out to me, plaese... That's some pretty THIN-skinned behavior...

Hmmm, let's see:

Neil Young

Gordon Lightfoot

Guess Who

Hank Snow

Sarah McLachlan

Nelly Furtado

"Urban" -

Deborah Cox

You do the math...

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    obviously you're much more into an argument or some other small shit..

so we'll just can the whole thing...

• ABDOMINAL. peace, stein. . .

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    thanks einstein...

glad to hear that..Andy B is pretty nice isn't he? Hear you all had a good time on the Format & Abs/UD shows a while back. Good lot aren't they?

anyway..keep 'em coming

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    ABDOMINAL. peace, stein. . .

"Hey I know that dude!"

Anyways.. Everyone should know the greatest thing from Canada was Krush and Skad.

Also, Respect First Offence!

• Maestro Fresh Wes for the Naaa Dis Kid Ain't From Canada album...
    and Thrust for his early stuff...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    when did aaron start posting here.........I haven't been following the board enough as of late apparently.

welcome btw...........imo the most standup dealer in Toronto.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Hey I know that dude!

Anyways.. Everyone should know the greatest thing from Canada was Krush and Skad.

Isn't A*ndr*w living in Montreal still B? I hear Fr*s**r's got a kid now...

• the code red lp has some nice tunes

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    obviously you're much more into an argument or some other small shit..

so we'll just can the whole thing...

A*r*n -

I know you from Vortex (when G*rd C*mmings used to work there) - I'm not slamming the scene per se, but instead of trying to do something that may not be of an inherent aesthetic, may be better to delve elsewhere - e.g. UK scene started/ruled D&B...

• favorite Canadian Microphone Commander?

dood on the left:

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

favorite Canadian Microphone Commander?

dood on the left:

HA HA...

now that's what i'm talking about...that's where it's at right there...

best part is..I've know Dan since i was a kid...

Hey I know that dude!

Isn't A*ndr*w living in Montreal still B? I hear Fr*s**r's got a kid now...

Heh, I never *knew* those guys, but lots of respect for them.

But back onto topic, my fav CAN MC now is probably Theo 3. But I think Wesley Williams should be given the most respect in the country.

I came across an HDV lp the other day. Made me think... If someone would have put him over some crazed out west coast funk beats, "he could have been a contender" HA! I'll have to have a talk about that one day when I see Mr. A King again...

Somehow though, I think this dude is probably the most popular "MC" in the country.

I need more Rumble n Strong in my life!!! PEK... I'm looking in ur direction!! HAHA

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

But back onto topic, my fav CAN MC now is probably Theo 3. But I think Wesley Williams should be given the most respect in the country.

I came across an HDV lp the other day. Made me think... If someone would have put him over some crazed out west coast funk beats, "he could have been a contender" HA! I'll have to have a talk about that one day when I see Mr. A King again...

I haven't spoken to Theo in quite some time - you know that HDV is Jackie Jasper right? And do you remember when Wes used to be part of a duo before he went away for college?

Adri*n needs to sell me his SP, ha ha...

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts

Theo is a tight as hell Mc isn't he?

I don't think that Mr.X King even knows about Mr. HDV and his alternate career path. X was actually not too bad a producer as well, but don't tell him i said that. It'll go straight to his head.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Frankenstein...or Frankie Ano or whatever he goes by now. I like dudes beats too.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Somehow though, I think this dude is probably the most popular "MC" in the country.

I need more Rumble n Strong in my life!!! PEK... I'm looking in ur direction!! HAHA

First I ever heard of Rich was when someone passed me the Haligonian compilation w/ Jorun - some okay loops, but I wasn't overly impressed... I'm still trying to track down D*ve about some unreleased Rumble & Strong material B - and someone in Newmarket still needs to return that cassette (w/ the not-so-subtle Ivan Berry 'Jose' diss) to me (after 2 + years)...

Anecdote: Adri*n and myself @ Whodini - Grandmaster Dee's cutting up on the decks and then there's an announcement that cops are in the place, checking for underage folks drinking - an additional announcement encouraging all the guys in attendance to get a girl and start slowdancing to throw the po off... Hilarity now that I think of it...

• Frankenstein...

"in the projects" is a pure knocker

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Frankenstein...

Fr*nk got married and pretty much kept a low profile thereafter - there's another SP just waiting to be bought there too... He may still be doing projects that Chr*s S*nd*rs*n's hooked him up w/...

I haven't spoken to Theo in quite some time - you know that HDV is Jackie Jasper right? And do you remember when Wes used to be part of a duo before he went away for college?

Adri*n needs to sell me his SP, ha ha...

Yeah... HDV is my good friend K*rE*m's cuz. I can still remember the day Adri*n and HDV came over to pick away at my friends dad's record collection HAha

PEK, plz read my edit from my last post!!

Theo is a tight as hell Mc isn't he?

I don't think that Mr.X King even knows about Mr. HDV and his alternate career path. X was actually not too bad a producer as well, but don't tell him i said that. It'll go straight to his head.

Yeah, Theo is dope. The guy is one of the nicest guys I've ever known.

Yeah, X was pretty good. Cept this one bullshit record he did once. Drove me crazy!!!Around 95... Some kids paid him some good money, so I can't hate on his game.

Mr. King and I use to have some of the deepest conversations. The guy is the man in my book. But then again, with around 15 years selling records around this city, very few people ever pissed me off. Crazy...

Frankenstein...

Fr*nk got married and pretty much kept a low profile thereafter - there's another SP just waiting to be bought there too... He may still be doing projects that Chr*s S*nd*rs*n's hooked him up w/...

Ain't Frank making "Real World Moves" now? And doesn't make beats anymore? I remember trying to talk him once into repressing Frankenstein's Pain 12" around 96
    As you can see, it didn't work. But I'm kinda glad no one ever did.

That record is my shit.

Thx Aser for the hook up!

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Ain't Frank making "Real World Moves" now? And doesn't make beats anymore? I remember trying to talk him once into repressing Frankenstein's Pain 12" around 96
    As you can see, it didn't work. But I'm kinda glad no one ever did.

That record is my shit.

Thx Aser for the hook up!

I haven't seen him since his marriage to be honest - if you need that mini-LP of his in digital format, lemme know and I'll throw it in the RHKTD section...

• this seems the right time to ask for it, i heard once a frankenstein song and the feature guest had a voice like biggie. it was about 99 - 01. it was dope! any clue?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I think frank has his hand in a gym/personal fitness business.........

he is on OTR w/ michael landsberg occasionally.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Frankenstein...or Frankie Ano or whatever he goes by now. I like dudes beats too.
    Co-Sign. I love that UV EP. His guest spot on the Checkmate album made me buy it.

I gotta give a shout-out to the next-levelness of the Supreme Being Unit (both conspiracy and Mindbender).

• -