Marriage Breakup/Divorcestrut

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
All these engagement posts got me thinking, not to be a mood killer or anything, but anyone else been through this shit?? My 8 year relationship/4 year marriage ended in March, it sucks. Hands up fellow strutters who know this feeling!! It can be very hard to bounce back from this & I know it most definitely rocked me to my core.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    man, i'm really sorry to hear that. i think a lot of times, men are expected to not express emotion in this situation. (ex. you see a woman crying in the grocery store, and everyone comes over to console her, a man cries in the grocery store?... bounce the fuck out!) take care man.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I had a woman leave me after 9.5 years for another dude, it took me a long time to get myself back together after that. As much as it sucked (and it damn near killed me) I'm glad it happened now. I am the person I am because I went through it, faced myself and my demons and came out of the other side a better man for it. I also have some great stories and memories of the debauchery I lived trying to put her behind me.

Meanwhile the woman that done me wrong is still a screwed up insecure mess because she never went thru the hard work that I was forced to do. Luckily that is someone else's problem.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I had a woman leave me after 9.5 years for another dude, it took me a long time to get myself back together after that. As much as it sucked (and it damn near killed me) I'm glad it happened now. I am the person I am because I went through it, faced myself and my demons and came out of the other side a better man for it. I also have some great stories and memories of the debauchery I lived trying to put her behind me.

Meanwhile the woman that done me wrong is still a screwed up insecure mess because she never went thru the hard work that I was forced to do. Luckily that is someone else's problem.

An emotionally maladjusted woman will vex you to no end. Good that you moved on.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

An emotionally maladjusted woman will vex you to no end. Good that you moved on.

Amen.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

An emotionally maladjusted PERSON[/b] will vex you to no end. Good that you moved on.

Word up.