beta bizarre boogie band - solid steel strut

rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I just recently came across this 45, has the solid steel strut song on one side, on the other side it has a weird bluegrass radio jingle for a 'trent river raft race'. that river is local to me (eastern NC). however, i was able to find an audio clip of the exact same jingle modified for an Ohio river raft race (the link was on a radio station site's commercial archives.. for some reason i cant get the link up on google anymore). it also referenced 'tom freeman productions' which is on both cuts of the 45 and signed tom freeman 1977 on the sleeve. this site http://www.djfriendly.co.uk/stocklist.php?show=dsingles mentions the 45 -"The Beta Bizarre Boogie Band - Solid Steel StrutUS RAFTER 7 inch - ??40Great Funky discoish Instrumental with phase effects"i guess that's a good description of the song.anyways, has anyone come across this, possibly with a different version of the radio jingle? i always wondered if there were a bunch of pressings of this thing with different rivers mentioned, etc.