Ever jack up an reish to give it character

jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
A couple times I've roughed up the jacket on a reish just so it has more of a "classic look" Not to pass it off as OG, but I think they look better when they look more vintage. Is anyone else wierd like this???I also think some records sound better with scratches. Mostly old reggae and soul.

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Is anyone else wierd like this???

no

• Giving records a bad look

Admitting you give records a bad look

(searches for reallyreallynagl graemlin)

(with secondary search for zingfromfauxrillzimminentcoveryourhead graemlin)

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Not particularly caring, minding, or even prefering about the condition of a record or the jacket is one thing, but purpously jacking them up to get them there is a whole 'nother thang there, hommie.

• A beat copy of vincebus eruptum always sounds good.

• What the fuck are you thinking?

• so what do you do to 'rough up' your reissue?

tell the sheild that your reissue committed a crime?

engage in a round of fisticuffs with the reissue?

push the reissue down a flight of stairs?

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

push the reissue down a flight of stairs?

tried and true method

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I dragged my Afreaka reissue through the desert, tied up to my horse. Looks good.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    One time I took a piss on my crate to make it look more 'street.'

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

• One time I took a piss on my crate to make it look more 'street.'

I think its spelled skreet.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I think its spelled skeet.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

• A couple times I've roughed up the jacket on a reish just so it has more of a "classic look" Not to pass it off as OG, but I think they look better when they look more vintage. Is anyone else wierd like this???

I also think some records sound better with scratches. Mostly old reggae and soul.

This is beyond a little dude move

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    A couple times I've roughed up the jacket on a reish just so it has more of a "classic look" Not to pass it off as OG, but I think they look better when they look more vintage. Is anyone else wierd like this???

I also think some records sound better with scratches. Mostly old reggae and soul.

When I read something like this, it makes me feel like you've crossed the line from being into records, to being absolutely obsessed.

• WTF? That's weird....

Dress

• I also think some records sound better with scratches. Mostly missed on new rap lps nowadays.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You must really love those reissues that are mastered from rinked OG LP's and 45's. The sheer pleasure of buying a sealed, unplayed LP, and yet on first spin it sounds like a 15-year veteran of the Fisher Price turntable - what sweet rapture.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    One time I took a piss on my crate to make it look more 'street.'

that shit just killed me...

the amount of times i've gone to someone house to look at records and got the lovely waft of cat piss came back to me in a flash when i read that...

• engage in a round of fisticuffs with the seller b/c reissue is roughed up

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    A beat copy of vincebus eruptum always sounds good.

NOT TRUE I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE

my copy had TERRIBLE surface noise through the whole thing...most unlistenable record i think ive ever heard, was like 60% hiss 40% music, dont even know how it got that bad but some dude bought it at my garage sale so whatever

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    clean copies sound pretty as it is.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You must really love those reissues that are mastered from rinked OG LP's and 45's. The sheer pleasure of buying a sealed, unplayed LP, and yet on first spin it sounds like a 15-year veteran of the Fisher Price turntable - what sweet rapture.
    haha! yeah, get the Fahey comp of 1920's Lomax recordings. some tracks are like 85% noise.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    A couple times I've roughed up the jacket on a reish just so it has more of a "classic look" Not to pass it off as OG, but I think they look better when they look more vintage. Is anyone else wierd like this?

mission impossible!...a reissue is a reissue no matter how fucked up it looks,... however you can ruff up a (mint) OG to make it look less reissue-ish, this will make its value go frrom maybe $200 to $100...or to $50....or mabybe to $5, it depends on how ghetto you want it to look!!!

im not hatting on re-ishes though, i just bought two over at dusty's, OG value $750+, reissue value $25....

peace

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    No,

but I got a reish of Counts "What's Up Front That...". Last year former Counts guitarist Leroy Emmanuel played a gig in a local club with his band LMT Connection. So I let him sign the LP for me. He's a very nice guy, was kinda surprised that people still know his old stuff .
    Still looking for the OG though...