Engagement Strut

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
To all the married struters. How did you propose? Not trying to steal anyone???s ideas. I already have most of it planned out just wondering how others have done it.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    One night, after 2 years of living together, we were watching TV in bed. I said "I think we should get married", she said "Yep". And we did.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    i did it at brunch the day after her sister's wedding. we totally planned it, but she still cried and shit. plus all her family was there. it was nerve-wracking but it was okay.

not that i'm recommending that. just sayin.

• I did it at the Flying Fishbone in Aruba. On one knee, in front of a gawking waiter wo originally thought I wasn't feeling well or had fallen down, and then asked if we wanted him to make an announcement to which we both responded "NNNOOOO!"

It was either that or the jumbovision during halftime at the Garden.

• I haven't yet but I intend to next summer...it will be a surprise, I've got it all planned out. The ring will most likely be something like this:

• I haven't yet but I intend to next summer...it will be a surprise, I've got it all planned out. The ring will most likely be something like this:

Yeah, finding a ring was the hardest part. So far.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I took my wife to the place where we first said I love you.....surprised the shit out of her, too.

choose color and clarity over size.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I haven't yet but I intend to next summer...it will be a surprise, I've got it all planned out. The ring will most likely be something like this:

Never truer words spoken.

I proposed to my wife on my parents couch on our day off. She wasn't feeling well, so I pulled the ring out and asked her if it would make her feel better.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I proposed to my wife on my parents couch on our day off. She wasn't feeling well, so I pulled the ring out and asked her if it would make her feel better.

You are weird, what made you think swallowing a ring would make her feel better?

I agree with that completely. We looked for the ring together. So she knows its going to happen and I know she will like the ring. Its how and when that I will have to suprise her with. It made it a lot easier looking for the ring together. I would have had no idea what to get. We didn't know shit about rings at the first store we went to. She pointed to this really nice ring and the lady showed it to us. Then she said its $60,000. we left the store feeling poor.

• http://www.tiffany.com/expertise/diamond/brilliance/cut.asp?

everything you need to know about diamonds.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

You are weird, what made you think swallowing a ring would make her feel better?

ZING.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    I took my wife up to the top of Stanley Canyon with a picnic basket and asked her on top of the mountain there. The climb was a bitch and she couldnt hack it the first time, so I had to wait until another weekend when I could take her up. When we did make it too the top, I ran up and set up everything so when she got up there I could get down on one knee and ask her. It was cheesy but mos def a romantic memory in an already scared marriage. Just make sure you do the wedding thing right, Im still hearing about that ish almost everyday.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    This was my boss' method. Pretty awesome and ridiculous at the same time. I made the site and blog for him. Watch the music video. Priceless

http://www.daveloveselizabeth.com/

DJ Ferrari

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I don't mean to sound like a hater, but diamonds are the most over-valued stone on the market.

If I ever get married, it will be with a precious gem that is not a diamond, the type of gem depending on the girl.

Congrats to those who are engaged and about to get married. I just found out my friend got engaged over the phone ( ), I think their conversation went like this:

her: I think you should propose to me.
    him: Alright, lets get married.
    her: OK
    him: So, I work in a comic store.

• I don't mean to sound like a hater, but diamonds are the most over-valued stone on the market.

If I ever get married, it will be with a precious gem that is not a diamond, the type of gem depending on the girl.

Congrats to those who are engaged and about to get married. I just found out my friend got engaged over the phone ( ), I think their conversation went like this:

Yeah, thats most def

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Dude, you're the man for putting that shit together.

• I took the day off from work (without her knowing), picked a setting and stone and had the ring put together, and was waiting with champagne and flowers in our apartment when she got home. She had to follow a series of signs to the back room where I was behind the door. Surprised the hell out of her!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I just found out my friend got engaged over the phone ( ), I think their conversation went like this:

That is just straight trifling.

• I took the day off from work (without her knowing), picked a setting and stone and had the ring put together, and was waiting with champagne and flowers in our apartment when she got home. She had to follow a series of signs to the back room where I was behind the door. Surprised the hell out of her!

I have done this before with out the engagment part. It went over really well.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    One night, after 2 years of living together, we were watching TV in bed. I said "I think we should get married", she said "Yep". And we did.

Wow, add another year and that's exactly[/b] what I did.

wasn't McDonalds mad when you had to take the day off?

Dude, you're like a piece of toilet paper stuck to my shoe...

Fuck off already.

Fuck off already.

MMm. I had high hopes for a good zinger.

• my girlfriend thinks i`m going to propose to her on xmas day in front of her mother and brother..

i`m trying to plan getting her over to china beach where we can sit on the big rock and watch the sea together like we did when we first met..then i`ll propose..

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I took the day off from work (without her knowing), picked a setting and stone and had the ring put together, and was waiting with champagne and flowers in our apartment when she got home. She had to follow a series of signs to the back room where I was behind the door. Surprised the hell out of her!

Fuck off already.

I got a zinger.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    if i do it, it will be at universal studios....when jaws pops out of the water.

Fuck off already.

I got a zinger.

You may play through sir...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    if i do it, it will be at universal studios....when jaws pops out of the water.
    dood, if you do that, yer girl's gonna pop yer jaw outta the water.

• I don't mean to sound like a hater, but diamonds are the most over-valued stone on the market

i agree.

hm, i remember how i went about asking out an ex-boyfriend years ago in a record store by inviting him to a house party i was deejaying. after he showed up, we were in a relationship for like 3 years. you should just tell yr girl that she's invited to your wedding and see if she shows up

my boyfriend brought up marriage this past weekend to me, hypthetically asking me if i could envision being married to him. i'm excited and scared